Outbound dial patterns

is there a universal outbound dial pattern to accept any phone number? i can receive inbound calls, but outbound is met with silence. (after hitting send on an IP phone, or dialing regular via a analog FXS line from the rest of the house.)
I am using a analog FXO for connection to my POTS phone line.
I have (supposedly) attached an export (CSV) of the dial paterns i am using.

~Travis

I added a w in the outbound dial prefix (in Trunk config, under the dialed number manipulation rules, and it seems to work now.
the IP phones dial right through, though there is quite a delay when dialing outbound from a FXS analog extension. just checked, and there is a delay when dialing within the local system (to a local chan_sip extension).

~Travis

still a little curious about the reason for the delay when dialing outbound from an analog phone on an FXS port, when the IP phones dial right out. i thought i attached a dial patterns export (CSV) file, but it seems to have not shown up.

currently, i have only one outbound route, and trunk channel, but i plan to add a second one at some point. this is only an experimental setup right now, so i can learn. so no risk of messing up a production phone system.

~Travis

I don’t think you can attach here files other than image formats or tgz.

IP phones have a send/dial button, or you can use the # key to send the call. Or you can set the dial timeout.

How long of a delay do you have on the analog phone?

Also, dial patterns on the PBX does not cause delays, if there’s a matching pattern you can proceed to the Trunk, if not it’ll try another route or error out.

the delay is about 15 seconds. i will look into the dial timeout.

~Travis

Forgive me, but i can’t seem to remember where to find the Dial Timeout setting. i found it once, but now it eludes me.
FreePBX 14.0.3.19 (official distro install)

~Travis

The dial timeout is not in FreePBX. It’s in your phone. It decides when to send the dialed number to your PBX.

…Hmmm, perhaps that is why i couldn’t find it in FreePBX Admin. :wink:
Thank you!

~Travis

With a plain old POTS phone, the “inter-digit timeout” determines how long the connection waits before firing off a call unless a given dial-pattern is matched (in your DAHDI config, IIRC). If your extension is set up for it, you can add an “immediate dial” option (usually a “#”) to dial the phone immediately. Other POTS phones will emulate a SIP phone by letting your “stage” a number and then, when you pick up the phone, it will immediately dial it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.