Outbound Calls

Getting busy signal when making outbound calls. It only happens when the caller id matches the inbound route they are calling. If we change the caller id from their public dept number the call goes thru. Has been working fine for long time until today. I’m new at this so any help will be appreciated.

I can’t say I’ve ever experienced this happen before, and I’m working with limited context, but it sounds like your provider may have changed something on their side. I would probably contact them to get more details as to why these types of calls no longer work.

Agree with Matt, sounds like a provider thing. You might get some hint to the cause of the failure by looking at the SIP Signalling: Virtuous Signalling

The /var/log/asterisk/full file should also be telling you what the provider is responding with. That cause code should help in debugging.

I’m not sure what you are saying. An outgoing call does not have an inbound route.

Are they calling a number on your own system? If so, the callers should be trained to dial the extension, IVR, ring group, queue, etc. directly. Otherwise, you are needlessly paying for two calls (or tying up two channels if ‘unlimited’). If this is not feasible, set up an Outbound Route that matches all the numbers on your system, feeding them to a ‘loopback trunk’ so the call remains within your PBX.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.