Outbound Calls with No Audio

Hello,

We are running FreePBX 13.0.197.22

Due to a change in our workforce we needed to open external registrations (PJSIP) to our PBX.

Port forwarding Rules are in place for SIP and RTP

We are finding that our remote agents are not getting audio for their Outbound calls (internal and external). Inbound calls work without issue.

We have reviewed a number of settings in the PBX:

Advanced Setttings : SIP Nat = Yes
Device Configs:
[269]
type=endpoint
aors=269
auth=XXXXXXX
allow=ulaw,alaw,gsm,g729
context=from-internal
callerid=269 <269>

dtmf_mode=rfc4733
transport=0.0.0.0-udp
aggregate_mwi=yes
use_avpf=no
media_use_received_transport=no
trust_id_inbound=yes
user_eq_phone=no
media_encryption=no
timers=yes
media_encryption_optimistic=no
rtp_symmetric=yes
rewrite_contact=yes
force_rport=no
language=en

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

I assume that *65 works (repeat extension) to prove that traffic from the PBX to the phones is working correctly.

Is you system properly identified as a NAT host? To trouble shoot, I’d start monitoring the traffic from your ITSP to your PBX. Make sure that the RTP traffic is making it from the gateway router to the PBX. Also, double check that your RTP ports are actually correctly forwarded (I once sent my RTP ports to the “other” server by accident in one network).

Since it’s all of your extensions, I’d start on the RTP pathway from the ITSP to the PBX and make sure that’s working.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how I would accomplish this. Is there an RTP logging or monitor that I can view while placing calls?

Regards,
Dave

Wireshark

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.