I have tried setting up outbound caller id at the trunk, the outbound route and at the extension and can’t get it work. Is there something I am overlooking?
What is your outbound trunk type, what are you setting them to, who is your provider?
In fact, you haven’t even told us if you’re using FreePBX (Version numbers and such). If this was a car, you just told us “When I step on the pedal, nothing happens.”
I am on 13.0.1alpha29
It is a SIP trunk (Chan_SIP).
Outbound CallerID = <8015554444>
Thanks, although funny wasn’t really what I was going for. You gave us almost nothing to work with, but now it’s my fault that your Caller ID doesn’t work. With your last response, all we managed to get was the caller ID that you think you are sending and that you are using SIP.
OK, so you have an outbound SIP provider - I’m still not sure who, but you seem to have a SIP provider. (If you were using a T1, PSTN, or PRI, the outbound caller ID is always set at the CO).
Does your outbound proxy/provider support anonymous calling?
Does your caller ID have to match what they are expecting?
Are they rejecting your call, or are they changing the CID to something else?
What CID do you see when you call yourself (I assume you have a cell phone or access to one)?
Where are you setting the caller ID? (extensions or trunk)?
Have you tried calling your VOIP provider and asking them about this? It’s not unreasonable that it could be something they are seeing or doing that is not allowing your CID to work.
Have you tried any other CID format combinations?
Do you have logs?
Have you looked to see what response you are getting from your SIP provider on the setting of the outbound Caller ID?
Do you see the system actually setting the outbound CID in the /var/log/asterisk/full log?
If you answer all of those questions, I think that a) you’ll figure out what the problem actually is or b) if you can’t, we’ll have enough information to start making wild guesses.
All of those questions are things you should have been looking for and reported when you said “it doesn’t work.” Basically, we’ve moved from “the pedal” to “the brake pedal”. More information - lots more information - is going to be needed for any of us to troubleshoot this.
Outbound caller ID isn’t working in 13. This is a known issue. Alpha software!
The provider is Jive communications, whom I work for. I did just try PAI (P-Asserted Identity) which does show up now, but not getting passed. Is there a setting for P-Preferred Identity.