Outbound CallerID in Trunk

For the past 6 months or so i’ve had my PRI line connected to a Sangoma Vega 100G. I then created a trunk in my FreePBX for the Vega and set the Outbound Caller ID as per the providers instructions. It was all working fine. If i change the caller ID, it would reflect straight away.

This has been working well for about 6 months, until all of a sudden yesterday the caller ID setting sent by Asterisk set in the FreePBX trunk completely stopped getting applied to outbound calls. No matter what I change it to, it doesnt have an effect. It’s as if the info isnt being sent.

I havent changed anything since and not sure what can be happening. Called the provider and they havent changed anything either they claim.

My outgoing PEER details is set to:

Trunk Name: VegaOut

allow=gsm&ulaw&alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=192.168.0.253
conext=from-pstn
qualify=yes
type=friend
insecure=port,invite

My incoming settings is set to:

User Context: VegaIn

User Details:

allow=gsm&ulaw&alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=192.168.0.253
conext=from-pstn
qualify=yes
type=friend
insecure=port,invite

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Some providers insist on the outbound caller ID being (one of) the number(s) associated with their circuit. This is more true with “traditional” providers (the AT&T-sized organizations) than some of the smaller outfits.

I’d call them and ask about setting the caller-id on their line. It’s possible that they used to not enforce the CID being from them and now they do. I know that one of the local ISDN providers insisted on setting the CID for one of my customers until we turned that line off. Also locally, Century Link will also not allow the CID to be set at the customer’s premise.

On an unrelated note, is your outbound context actually “from-pstn”? Most people use “from-internal” or one of the other “calling from the inside” contexts.