Outbound Caller ID working - but not Internationaly

Hello All,

My free PBX setup is sending the last 4 digits to our UK IDSN line. From our desk phones this has always worked. But from the Skype/Lync trunk skype sends the full E164 number so I’ve modified “/etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf” as below to just take the last 4 numbers.

[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
; get only last 4 for caller ID
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):-4})
exten => s,n,MacroExit()

This seems to be working fine, and if I call my mobile I get the correct caller ID show up. However, if I call an international number/mobile I get the main ISDN/Billing number show up – not my personal extension.
Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

There are at least four (with you, at least five) different places that try to mess with Caller ID. It could be the extension, the outbound route, the trunk, your post-dial code, or your provider. Everybody wants to be part of the act.

I’m going to guess that your Provider is overriding the outbound CID you set because it doesn’t match the international standard (assuming there is such a thing) for your number.

Logs will tell. If the outbound CID is set correctly when the call is sent, it’s the provider. Otherwise, it’s something in one of those four other places.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.