Outbound call

Good day!
I entered the number into “Outbound CID” field, but my outgoing call is still calling from another (main) outgoing number.
Now field “Outbound CallerID” (SIP Trunk settings) is empty, and field “Route CID” (Outbound Routes settings) is empty too.
Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that “Outbound CID” and its equivalents only affect calls made within the PBX, not calls made to the PSTN. So if you’re trying to change your Caller ID that’s visible to people at the other end of an outside call via the PSTN, you may not be able to do that. If you’re trying to change your Caller ID for internal calls, let us know with a few more details of your installation.

Eric / www.rkt-tech.com

Ok. My main outgoing number (if no other matched) is 73852505465. When I do outgoung call I want call with 73852505480 number. How can I do that?

Once again, if you’re referring to making calls from the PBX to some outside destination, you may not be able to do what you want without cooperation from your telephone company. A lot of that depends on where in the world you are and who your phone company is.

Again, if I’m wrong someone please correct me, but that is my understanding.

What type trunks do you have?

I have pool of 30 telephone numbers (from 73852505465 to 73852505495) given my provider. For example, when I calling from my internal number (1000) to outside world, I want that outside world subsriber see that I calling from 73852505480 number (not from 73852505465 using by default). The problem is that to FreePBX must send that I want to call from 7852505480 number (I want translate my inside 1111 to outside 73852505480) to my provider. That’s what I can not do. I hope that I was able to explain.

I using SIP trunk

Do a SIP trace from your PBX to the provider’s trunk. That way you can see if it’s a configuration issue on your PBX, or if your provider is overwriting the value you set.

Setting Outbound CID on the extension should override anything you have set on the trunks or routes. (You should always have something in the trunk, even if it always gets overwritten though.)