OUTAGE: Exception (1045) SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'freepbxuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)::

FreePBX/Asterisk 14

Hopefully someone can help as we are suffering an outage. We were noticing a voice quality issue so we rebooted our FreePBX server. When it came back the GUI displayed the following error:

_Exception (1045) _
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘freepbxuser’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)::SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘freepbxuser’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

We found this post by Dave and followed the instructions, to no avail.

The password in MYSQL was the same as what was in /etc/FreePBX.conf (the MySQL command said 0 changes made when I tried to update the password to what was originally in the conf file.

For fun I tried to update the password to a new password in the freepbx.conf file and using the SQL command, but it didn’t work. Any ideas? We are hurting without this box. Cant seem to restore without DB access too.

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php line 204
Arguments
1.“SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘freepbxuser’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)::SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘freepbxuser’@'loca :arrow_forward:

Resolution found here

Interestingly enough when coming back online and looking at the dashboard I am now getting this error:

Could not run [My ‘freepbxuser’ password] script.
Exit code was 127 and output was:

I think when I was running the
update freepbx_settings SET value = ‘’ WHERE value = ‘[Old Password]’;
command something got written where it should not have. No clue what or where to fix it, but calls are processing.

Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.