OSS PBX End Point Manager Free PBX 12

I am having trouble with the endpoint manager and I posted the details in a different thread.

Should the end point manager work in freepbx 12? My troubles started after I updated to freepbx 12. The problem is with the template manager not showing the tabs.

In the past I have used the commercial endpoint manager. I had to switch to the OSS manager, which I like very much by the way, because I am using the ARM based Beagle Bone Black as my platform and it is not supported by the commercial endpoint manager.

if it should work then should I remove and re-install? I am hesitating because I don’t want to have to rebuild all configuration which I assume I will loose when I remove the module. If I can fix without removing and re-installing then great otherwise I will try a remove and re-install. If that does not work I am not sure what I will do… revert to the older version of freepbx i guess.

Thanks,
Mark

Make sure you don’t have both endpoint managers installed.

Look at your apache logs…

Also the OSS EPM is not maintained by FreePBX so not sure anyone has tested it on FreePBX 12 at all.

I am also seeing this issue.

[Tue Nov 04 14:06:38 2014] [error] [client 10.0.10.114] File does not exist: /var/www/html/admin/assets/css/mainstyle.css

I extracted the missing CSS file from another PBX and put it in /var/www/html/admin/assets/css/

edit:
Nevermind. still broke

Getting this error in /var/log/asterisk/freepbx_dbug when browsing to the edit template page.

2014-Nov-04 12:25:04 /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc:2464
[NOTICE]: Undefined index: variable

default:
$var_nam = “option|” . str_replace("$", “”, $item[‘variable’]);
$items_fin[$var_nam] = $item;
break;

Can we assume that the OSS End Point Manager has reached end of life? It does not appear anyone is maintaining it currently.

Did you revert back to freepbx 11?

I looked over the code, it looks like a big job to figure it out and fix the problem with not frame of reference with freepbx modules.

A mini workaround is to add #1 or #2 or #3 , or #4 to the end of the URL in the address bar… But at least on my server the formatting is all fubar.

I’ve looked into moving to the commercial epm, but at its drastically different and don’t have the time to figure it out.

This work around did not work with my templates.

I think I am going to revert to hand editing the config files and not use the template manager. See if the rest of the module is still working.

What a pain. As I have already said… I can’t use the commercial module because I am using the arm processor version. It is not supported. I like the arm processor version because I can easily make an image backup. Also it is using Ubuntu server which I am more familiar with. I had the OSS EMP working very well. I had added some pages to the template manager and got the phone reboot going. Then this.

-Mark

So is this module dead? Can we at least get a confirmation that it is no longer supported?

As we have stated like 100 times FreePBX has never supported that module. it was built and maintained over the years by lots of different people who have all come and gone. Andrew was the last one who maintained it and gave up due to the amount of work it takes to keep it running. Heck Luke works full time just on the Commercial EPM trying to keep it maintained and keep up with all the phones, firmware and FreePBX changes.

I understand that it is probably asked a lot… simply because I think a lot of people still use it. I personally have 50+ systems out there that use it, and unfortunately I cannot update them to FreePBX 12+ if it breaks the OSS EPM. I personally don’t have issues moving to the commercial product…and I plan to moving forward with all the new systems I install but having to go back and train all the currently installed customers on how to use a new provisioning system just isn’t feasible.

I understand your position… it just sucks for us users. It is what it is, I guess.

The position stated above has been the position for two years now and is clearly stated in the description of the module.

Please note:

The module is not maintained by FreePBX. this doesn’t mean it Can’t be maintained. If anyone wants to submit fixes, patches and bring it current go for it.

On that note contrib has many orphaned modules if anyone wants to adopt them.

Hmm, had to learn rather a lot of stuff to get to this point - I am not a programmer!

If you point web dev tools in eg Chrome at the page you can see the broken/missing bits and they all seem to point at something called “coda slider”. A quick Google will find a Github page with the distro (I can’t post links)

Download the software and copy the jquery.coda-slider-3.0.js file wherever the .2.0 one is and also copy in the .css file. No need to rename anything so you are leaving the existing files as is. The starting path is /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman (not endpoint which I think is the SMZ one)

I was just about to start editing the .html templates to reference the new files but that seems unnecessary.

So could someone who knows what they are doing please update the coda slider code in the module. For the rest of us this is a workaround for now - the tabs are back in FPBX 12.

Cheers
Jon

Nice work! Just gave this a shot and it worked great! Thank you