One trunk, multiple DIDs assigned to their own outbound route

Hello!
I’m running Free PBX with one trunk and two DIDs via Sipstation.

I want a configuration where each extension is assigned it’s outbound DID, which I’m assuming would be done via Outbound Route.

The problem I’m running into is no matter what, outbound calls only show up as the primary number on the trunk.

Upon surfing the net to fix this issue, I’m seeing a lot of people mention the dial pattern is key here in configuring this, but I get really intimidated because the dial patterns don’t really make sense to me.

Can anyone here help me achieve my goal?

Thank you!

The I in DID is “Inbound”. This is really about caller IDs. What have you tried to associate a caller ID with the call from a particular extension? How are you sending the caller ID to Sipstation?

1 Like

I ended up adding the into the extensions callerID field for both extensions and that works fine. I’m really new at this and noticed i was able to put anything as my callerID, even DIDs i dont own. Can you help me understand the point of buying multiple DIDs with that considered?

I’m not sure i understand this question. Can you help me understand? I’m really new at this

Thank you for taking the time to respond :slight_smile:

@ubbitz So You have to check your PBX some settings, @david55 told you to check Outbound settings (How are you sending the CID to Sip Trunk ? )
You have to check below settings

1st Extension side.

2nd OutBound Route side:

Then make some test and you self can be find correct settings.

A provider should either reject, or mark as unverified, any caller ID that they don’t recognize as your. Business oriented providers may allow you to prove ownership of numbers not supplied by them.

DID originally stood for Direct In Dialling, and was typically used with every local extension having a different public number, within a block of numbers. The term is misused, in my view, in the VoIP industry, to refer a public number, even if the customer only has one.

Although some VoIP users may have the traditional DID, with a number for every extension, people may also have a small number of ones corresponding to departments.

Even with full DID, people may choose to only provide a pilot number, because an outgoing call may be a from a number that is not always manned, or where anyone in a department could handle the call. Sometimes, the incoming service may be via a different supplier, meaning the outgoing CID doesn’t match the service used for outgoing calls.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.