One extension on two phones

I assume there is a call history beyond the missed calls to show, right?

Not sure if youve already done this, but it might be worth asking on the Grandstream forums or the company to see if there is something that can be done on the phone side.

Look at the cancel message for the call and see what FreePBX/Asterisk is sending, that will help determine if Grandstream can support those messages.

Yes I did mean that it wouldn’t show any calls that the other phone took unless the call was missed and in that case it showed on both.

I may do this, but the issue is different to what I originally thought when I split the phones into two separate extensions and they were one of them was still having issues staying registered, what would happen was the second phone would register then unregister after a minute or so while the Grandstream would report that it was registared.

I seemed to get both working having one on pjsip and the other on sip although this isn’t ideal.

I’m just trying this out, where is the option to “Set CID Num Alias for B to extension A’s number”

Thanks

In the advanced settings for extension B you should find a CID Num Alias option.

My first question is are you using vlan? if you have the vlan config in your Grandstream . it cannot be on a same vlan that’s tagged for the freepbx

There is no VLAN, it’s a flat network.

I ended up getting the phones to work by putting them both on chansip. Which isn’t ideal but it works for now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.