On Ubuntu

Ok I read the furror over Trixbox and I just dumped it, wiped my systems and am now trying to get this running on Ubuntu.
I have Asterisk installed and running, I have the latest Ubuntu.
I am having trouble with the actuall install of PBX I have downloaded and get to the actuall command line install and it fails to connect to the database…
I tried once and it worked however I bombed out befor the install was complete now I am getting this…

/usr/src/freepbx$ sudo ./install_amp && cd -
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking user…OK
Checking if Asterisk is running…running with PID: 14050…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Checking for /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Using asterisk as PBX Engine
Checking for Asterisk version…Checking for selinux…OK
Connecting to database…FAILED
Try running ./install_amp --username=user --password=pass (using your own user and pass)
[FATAL] Cannot connect to database

I did get as far as putting in database name etc before as I said I bombed out (closed terminal by mistake) and have not been able to get back again…

you havnt been able to get what back again?

first time it connected…to the database
now it does not…

did you try “Try running ./install_amp --username=user --password=pass (using your own user and pass)”?

well yes it said do that so I did and nothing happened, same result… could not connect

can you try to create another user name and password an use that to connect? also, please post your amportal .conf

where is the amportal.conf ?

/etc/amportal.conf . BTW, feel free to join #freepbx on irc.freenode.net for live community support

OK Thanks

Oh that worked, so it installed no problem,
what is the url ??? if my machine ip is 192.4.6.2

The requested URL /admin/config.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at 192.68.1.45 Port 80

Maybe I need to do these ??
I have Ubuntu server 8…

AMPBIN=/var/lib/asterisk/bin
ASTAGIDIR=/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin
AMPWEBROOT=/var/www/freepbx
FOPWEBROOT=/var/www/freepbx/panel

If so how and where do I do them ?
Thanks…

however I got these lines of errors…
when checking for modules…

Warning: array_push() [function.array-push]: Cannot add element to the array as the next element is already occupied in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1415

Warning: array_push() [function.array-push]: Cannot add element to the array as the next element is already occupied in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1415

also when I got to panel I get this…
The requested URL /panel/index_amp.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at 192.68.1.45 Port 80

also got a yellow light on Op Panel…
and have these errors…
Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

How do I join this…

#freepbx on irc.freenode.net

Thanks

Google is your friend

floatinggeese what you are describing sounds like a install that didn’t go correctly. Common causes are missing required components.

You need to go back to the very first error and work from there. trying to fix other errors without addressing the initial one is useless.

OK Thanks,
I will persist with this, thanks
Is there anything intrinsicly wrong with the standard Ubuntu distro of Asterisk ?

It has been my experience that it is always best to download the and compile asterisk / zaptel the long way under Ubuntu. I’ve done about 5 installs on Ubuntu and had problems with “apt-get install asterisk” more than once. Finally I decided just to do compile them all…it’s not that much more work, and you get a nice clean install in the end. If you’re looking for easy, look into PBX in a Flash.