Odd voicemail behavior with 1.6.2.2 - suspect asterisk bug

I’ve noticed that the voicemail.conf is properly writing the options as the following:

903 => 1234,User1,[email protected],attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

Based on these options the user should not receive a voicemail attachment. One is always attached, though, every time a voicemail is left.

I’ve also found that the “s” option is not working. The prompt system is still coming on after the introductory message even though the checkbox is set in the UI and the VM_OPTS is set to s in the extensions_additional.conf.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior? I was going to report is as a bug a digium but thought I’d ask first.

Hmmm… Mine was set like above and I received attached. So I changed Email Attachment under Extensions to No. I then checked voicemail.conf and it is now attach=no|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=no I called my number left a message. I got two emails, but the one that usually has an attachment that I can open, did not.

So the question is, what is version 1.6.2.2. voicemail.conf asterisk FreePBX?

What FreePBX version?

What voicemail module version?

I’m using FreePBX version 2.7Beta1.3 using deviceanduser mode. The voicemail application is the one included in the tarball for release 1.6.2.2.

The Extensions option is set to no in the UI under the user (all radio buttons are set to no). If I set the radio button to yes, then the attach=yes is showing up under voicemail.conf properly.

You indicate that your getting different behavior in that if you select no, then you get attach=yes?

Reported as ID 0016849.

Hi

I am not using 2.7 Beta. I am using FreePBX Base Version: 2.6.0.0 all updates.
Voicemail 2.6.0.2. No, I am not seeing your problem. I do not have a problem.

With my version:

If Email Attachment under Extensions to No, when I checked voicemail.conf and it was attach=No|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=no AND I called my number left a message. I got two emails, but the one that usually has an attachment that I can open, did not.

If Email Attachment under Extensions to Yes, when I checked voicemail.conf and it was attach=yes|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=no AND I called my number left a message. I got two emails, and I get the attachment.

So it could be a problem in the 2.7 Beta.