NOTICE[2327]: chan_sip.c:28276 handle_request_subscribe: Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox:

I keep seeing this over and over and over in my logs:

[2017-04-25 09:16:32] NOTICE[2327]: chan_sip.c:28276 handle_request_subscribe: Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox: 116

I thought maybe the extension was not setup properly so I deleted it and made a new extension. The it started doing it again. I have a few other extensions setup the same way and no errors there. This particular extension has a yealink_t41p attached. Could this be a phone specific issue?

It’s likely that extension 116 does not have a voicemail account.

The phone is checking to see if there are any voicemail messages, but because there is no mailbox for the extension you see the error.

Need to turn of the MWI (message waiting indicator) or what ever the brand calls it.

Thanks. That’s what I figured it was and I have disabled anything having to do with Voicemail but the error still persists! I don’t know.

Hello,

Fill in the voicemail field that value of your extension@device. Like in this example:

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Tried and no change. Any other suggestions?

Hello @omnicom,

Can you share a screenshot of your extension configuration?
Also, make sure the ip phone is subscribing to registration and mwi.

Reload your phone after that.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hello @omnicom,

It looks ok, but I suspect that the sip stack is not reloaded. Try to reload the sip registrations and the voicemails:

sip reload
voicemail reload

What type of phone are you using? Did you reboot it as well?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

The phones that are having this problem are Yealink T41p. I will try this on Monday and let you know. Thanks