Not getting Voicemail pager emails

FreePBX 14.0.1.36 (official distro) w/Asterisk 13

We have our voicemail setup, and we are receiving voicemail emails just fine. However, we do not receive the pager emails. I am using an email address format for the pager address. Something like: [email protected].

Is this the wrong way? If not, where could I look to find the right logging info to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Brad

Under system admin > email setup > there is a debug option beside save button so that you can enter email address to sent a test to and in there it shows the mail log.

I also you can ssh to the box and run mailx -r "[email protected]" -s “subject” [email protected]

1 Like

In SSH mail [email protected] Fill in the subject, put something in the body and then type a . and hit enter.

If it did not work, check the log to see what happened.

tail /var/log/maillog

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. It ended up being a configuration issue with “My Hostname” & “My Origin” in System Admin Pro -> Email. Once I got that fixed, by looking at the logs I saw that my SMS carrier (…att.net) was rejecting the emails because they weren’t coming from an IP that had an MX or A record. So then I corrected that in our DNS as well. It’s all working now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.