Not able to initiate conference or 3 way calling

PBX Version: 16.0.40.7
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2302-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 18.16.0
Blink Softphone: 3.2.0
Zoiper Softphone: 5.6.4

Cannot initiate conference or 3 way calls. While on an active call, I dial the new number and the the first call gest put on hold and the automated voice says “The number is not answering.

The same thing happens when dialing from Blink or Zoiper.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/b428de72

1. 176736 [2024-03-21 18:17:49] VERBOSE[17942][C-00000010] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:36] NoOp(“PJSIP/200-0000001e”, “Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CHANUNAVAIL and HANGUPCAUSE = 18”) in new stack

Cause No. 18 - no user responding.
This cause is used when a called party does not respond to a call
establishment message with either an alerting or connect indication
within the prescribed period of time allocated.

What it means:
The equipment on the other end does not answer the call. Usually this is
a misconfiguration on the equipment being called.

Does it work for other non southpark numbers? Do you have outbound routing for the number you are dialing?

I’m reasonably sure that the provider rejected the call because the trunk is limited to one channel. You can confirm this by attempting simultaneous single calls from two extensions, or by using pjsip logger to see the error response.

@Stewart1 I will attempt two simultaneous calls in a few hours when I’m home. In the meantime, if the trunk is limited to one channel, is there a fix for this?

Is this SIPStation? If not, who is the provider?

If yes, you can enable Concurrency Bursting (if you are not still in trial), or fail over to another trunking provider. Many, including Telnyx and Twilio offer free trials.

This may be useful:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.