Nortel and FreePBX

I have got a legacy Nortel PBX with 3 E1s and i would like to integrate it with a Quescom GSM Gateway through the following:

• By a fresh installed FreePBX box with a one-Port E1 zaptel card.
  • I want to connect between the Nortel PBX and FreePBX by an E1 cable, from Nortel PBX (as TE) and FreePBX E1 card (as NT).
  • I will make a SIP trunk on FreePBX to Quescom and an outbound route with the mobile dial plan to that SIP trunk.
  • I want to make an Inbound route, to make the incoming mobile calls from Nortel PBX to the E1 Zaptel Card, go out through Quescom GSM Gateway SIP Trunk.

So please the questions are as follow:
1- how can i configure the E1 1 Port Zaptel card as NT.(in steps please)
2- how can i make the inbound route on Zaptel E1 card to go to the Quescom GSM Gateway through the SIP trunk directly if the calls match the Mobile numbers route pattern.

thanks a lot

the card model is: Digium Wildcard TE120P. i configured it beofre on the same server as TE as the following:
/etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

/etc/asterisk/zapata-auto.conf
callerid=asreceived
switchtype=national
context=from-pstn
signalling=pri_cpe
group=0
channel => 1-15,17-31

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-pstn
;signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
;
; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
;
;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes

usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
busydetect=yes
;busycount=3
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800

;prilocaldialplan=national

pridialplan=local

priindication = outofband

switchtype=national

overlapdial=yes
rxgain=11.0
txgain=5.0
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

it was configured as TE and it was working fine without any extra hardware.will it need any extra hardware if i will use it as NT .also all i want now is to configure it an NT so i want to know please the difference in configuration

and how to make the mobile calls that come from Nortel (TE) to FreePBX E1 (NT) to go to Quescom SIP trunk.

and how can i hunt the incoming mobile calls from Nortel on 3 Quescom Gateways (if the one is busy, the call will get out from the 2nd and so on)

if the numbers don’t match the Mobile calls, it will give the caller any response and then hangup.

Thanks.

You also need to change the signaling on the card to pri_net.

thanks…i have got already Quescom 300 that has no E1 port.
thanks for your help

1- how can i configure the E1 1 Port Zaptel card as NT.(in steps please)

In all honesty, you’d probably have more success asking this on the Digium site, as they produce and support their hardware.

2- how can i make the inbound route on Zaptel E1 card to go to the Quescom GSM Gateway through the SIP trunk directly if the calls match the Mobile numbers route pattern.

Just configure an Outbound Route as you would normally for mobile calls and make the GSM gateway(s) the only trunk(s) to use.

and how to make the mobile calls that come from Nortel (TE) to FreePBX E1 (NT) to go to Quescom SIP trunk.

You could create a route in the Nortel which would terminate to FreePBX.
All mobile calls originating in or from the Nortel would then be pointed to use this route.
If you’ve configured your Outbound Routes correctly, the system should send the call to the GSM gateway(s).

and how can i hunt the incoming mobile calls from Nortel on 3 Quescom Gateways (if the one is busy, the call will get out from the 2nd and so on)

Simply make a trunk per gateway, and in the Outbound Route for your mobile calls, add each trunk for the GSM gateways.

I’m just curious why you are setting it up this way, as the (current) Quescom gateways have ISDN interfaces on them, you could simply slave them to the Nortel PBX via a route and not have the added complication of FreePBX in the middle ??

Configuring the card will depend on make and model and is done exclusively OUTSIDE of the freepbx gui. It may require hardsetting such as jumpers or switches or and editing .conf files.

as for the routing, it may depend on how you want the call to fail if the number does not match Mobile numbers route pattern.

So post in these details and a kind soul will [hopefully] help!