Noojee Click anyone?

I know this is old, but it looks so good.

The Noojee Click for Asterisk, add click to dial for Chome. Does anyone know how to make this work?

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=234#comments

Hi
No Idea.
I never used this kind of stuff.

What’s your issue exactly?

Looking for a way to click to dial from Chrome Browser.

This app adds a red icon next to any telephone number on a web page, when you click on it, it dials your phone and when you pick up it dials the number you clicked on.

Do you have a solution for this? image

The post you followed is 12 years old. Not much has changed in this area since then, but still expect content to be stale.

All these browser plugins work pretty much the same way. They connect to the Asterisk manager on 5038 or the http manager on 8088 using credentials you create in Asterisk Manager Users. Usually you want to originate a call to the local extension local/xxx@from-internal and then to the DID in the from-internal context.

I remember using noojee a decade or so ago, but have not touched it in years.

I need something this for my customer, but I have tried installing all of them I can find with no success.

I have another software connected to the manager 5038 without issues, so I don’t think it’s my server. I’m expecting this to work with no configuration on the service side, just point the client to the Asterisk Manager port with a user that has the features turned on that you need (they are all on by default).

I’m missing something that if it were a snake, it would bite me.

You’re going to need to answer the questions before asking more - we can’t help you unless you tell us what’s happening.

Noojee can be set up using AMI or AJAM (which I don’t think is supported anymore). So, using AMI, you set up a call to the LOCAL extension and then set up a call to be routed to the external trunk. IIRC, when I set this up in 2011, you had to specify the trunk you wanted to use based on the internal trunk ID.

In essence, you are setting up a call file (but through AMI, so the syntax is ‘special’).

That is never a safe assumption. Your AMI Manager User is going to have to have all of the right permissions and be accessible from all of the browsers in your network. If you are running a cloud server, this means that you have to network in the browsers from the Internet, through the firewall.

I understand that you want something simple, but there’s no such thing when it comes to network programming. Remember, your requests are coming in from the workstations, so that adds a whole level of complexity to your installation. Throwing stuff at the server and hoping it all just works is not going to be a satisfying experience.

You’ve been here long enough to know that the logs will tell you what’s not working. Check those and let us know what you find.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.