Non-Answered Call problem

Hi

Im hoping someone can help me as Im new to Asterisk and Im really struggling to solve this problem.

Ive actually got a basic PBX in a Flash system installed with 2 SIP trunks and a PSTN phone line (through a clone X100P card).

The problem is that whenever I call in from the PSTN trunk, after about 24seconds, I just hear “beep beep beep”. Voicemail is disabled, so I was expecting the call to keep ringing. My intention was to divert to another extension after a short time.

I was initally using a SPA-3102 VoIP adapter for both the extension and the incoming PSTN and thought it was a setting on this was playing the tones, but Im now using the X100P card and the call is going to a SIP extension (ie missing the SPA3102 all together). Im still hearing the beeps so it must be Asterisk that is generating it.

Can anyone advise why?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Any extension that I route the POTS call to rings normally and I can call internally between all the exteansions (SIP and the extension hanging off the VoIP adapter which is also technically SIP) normally. I havent actually tried transferring a call although will do today.

Strangely, I dont get the same problem when dialling any of the same extensions from the SIP trunks…

Any ideas?

Tim

After Dialing in to the pots trunk does the sip extension ring normally? Is your sip extension registering? What happens when you dial the sip extension from another sip extension.

I don’t have any pots lines serving as a trunk, so I can’t test your configuration.

Finally, to get a phone to ring and then transfer to another line, take a look at the follow-me function.

Bill/W5WAF