No Ringback on incoming calls From Certain Cell Carriers

Im a total new guy to The VOIP and asterisk/FreePBX world so forgive me for my ignorance.

Long story short, When my client receives an incoming call, The callers report no ring back but the call comes through and my client is able to answer. This issue recently came up and we cannot figure out what the cause is. When i call from an AT&T cell, i get a ring back, But when i use T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint i get no ring back. Just silence until the call is answered. Currently, When my client is called, It calls a ring group which rings all of their phones. When i set the route to ring 1 phone, We receive ring back. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Damn New Guy

Are they sending 180 Ringing, or are they sending 183 Progress, followed by the ringback as early media. Some networks might not allow the latter.

How Could i check this?
Also, Thank you for the response

Are your incoming calls: being answered by a RING GROUP?
If so: make sure you have (set to NO) the option for: Send Progress

As another test: for your inbound route for the phone number: set the inbound route: directly to an extension (do not use a ring group).

See if the caller then hears RINGING when they call your phone number(s).

So i have confirmed that a caller can hear the ringing when we set the route to a single phone and not a ring group.
Also set the send progress off as you had suggested and IT WORKED!! i had ring back from start to finish. Would you mind explaining what the send progress function is doing/does?

Also Thank you so much!!

When you get time: look up (on the FreePBX Wiki) or with a search engine search: Send Progress FreePBX

This will probably tell you all you need to know to learn why this is the fix.

Glad this helped.

1 Like

Thank you so much! i greatly appreciate your help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.