No outbound calls after power cut

After a power cut, our FreePBX, which has been working fine for ages, is having problems.

Any attempt to call out results in an error 34, no channel available.

We are using IAX2 to a VOIP provider, and they have checked everything their end and are confident it isn’t a problem at their end. No configuration has changed and I have rebooted the server once, and powered off and powered on once. Nothing helps.

I am not sure if it is relevant, but logging on to the Administration section of the web UI takes a very long time. Also, while moving from one part of the section to another is normally instant (or effectively so), occasionally it also takes ages to load the page. I tried to check for updates and it took 10 minutes before I got fed up and shut the system down.

What I really need is a trouble-shooting page on the web UI which can make test connections and report problems. I have googled for “FreePBX test” and various other similar searches, and apparently FreePBX does not come with any sort of functionality to test trunks and connections and so on.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Additional information:

The dashboard page tells me that “Trunks offline” = 1.
The reports tells me that Trunks online is zero, offline is zero, and unknown is one.

I finally found where the logs are shown, and I see:

[2021-03-09 10:55:20] ERROR[2106] netsock2.c: getaddrinfo("", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
[2021-03-09 10:55:20] WARNING[2106] acl.c: Unable to lookup ''

So looks like a DNS issue.

My guess is the PBX is trying to use a DNS server that’s not working. Be that because it’s invalid, or is temporarily offline, etc. I’m not sure. But I have a feeling it’s sending queries somewhere that isn’t responding, hence the delays you see in the web interface and the inability to resolve your trunk’s remote IP address.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.