No Network Interface Found

Hi,
I have installed FreePBX many times and have never had any kind of issue…until now!
I have an Intel NUC i5 mini PC that I have installed FreePBX on using the same usb stick I’ve used many times. The problem I’m having is that the network interface is not being recognised. Now I believe this is a driver issue, but with no network I do not know how to go about installing the required driver. I installed ubuntu 18.04 desktop and had the same issue. There is something about this network adapter and linux that is not working.

Has any one else experienced this and if so, how did you get around it? I’ve considered getting a USB to ethernet adapter just to get the pc on the internet so that drivers can then be downloaded but my local stores are not open yet so I thought I’d turn to you guys! PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

Many thanks in advance

Does lspci or lsusb show any network interfaces? If not, maybe a hardware problem, or inadvertently disabled in UEFI. If present, download the driver on another machine and transfer it via a thumb drive.

Other possibilities:

Does the NUC have built-in Wi-Fi that you can set up?

Do you have a USB to Wi-Fi adapter sitting around?

Thanks for responding!
lspci shows Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 02f0

I believe I have found the driver from the intel website but how would I go about installing this from the command line using a USB drive? Forgive my inexperience here.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.