"no matching endpoint" "failed to authenticate"

Hello, I am very new to the freepbx platform. I am havin gissues with my freepbx server.

I am attempting to use this as a local service acting as phones for an office like setting. No outbound calls. Internal through my PJSIP extensions.

When i attempt to register it gets denied and stated no matching endpoint found. Then failed to authenticate. Any help on this?

I am using Grandstream Phones.

Are you using chan_sip or chan_pjsip? This often happens when you are trying to register on the wrong port or if both drivers are enabled the port for the other driver.

Settings > Asterisk SIP Settings and do you see tabs at the top for both drivers?

yes i see the tabs at the top for both

So is the extension you’re trying to register a pjsip or chan_sip extension? Which ports are the drivers listening on and which port is the phone trying to register to?

pjsip is what i am using and port to listen on is set to 5060

If your extension is actually pjsip and pjsip is set to listen on 5060 and your phone is registering on 5060 then make sure you have applied your config and have the right extension secret set

You can follow this series on how to setup extensions and physical phones on a new phone system:

1 Like

Alright, I will check this now. I did update my secret with letters and numbers as well.

So, after following absolutely every step except for actually paying for the service and endpoint manager. I still have the failed to authenticate and connection issues. Should i have to buy a license or anything to solve this issue? I have verified all parameters with my grandstream handsets.

No you shouldn’t have to pay anything. You haven’t also provided any logs of phones failing to authenticate in your setup.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug

2023-09-13 14:37:47] NOTICE[2508] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘SUBSCRIBE’ from ‘<sip:MAC%[email protected] >’ failed for ‘192.168.128.100:5080’ (callid: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate
39 [2023-09-13 14:37:48] NOTICE[2508] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘SUBSCRIBE’ from ‘<sip:MAC%[email protected] >’ failed for ‘192.168.128.100:5080’ (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found

This is the error i get in the syslog

Being a new user it was not letting me post, sorry.

You can use the pastebin service to post output of logs.

You said you are configuring the service to connect on port 5060 but it looks like the phone is trying to connect at port 5080?

This is what i have set on the phone side

i am actively figuring it out as i go and researching everything. I know its a simple issue i am missing.

I notice everytime my phone reconnect the port changes and i have no idea why that would be unless i am missing a setting.