No google Voice motif

I am installing a FreePBX virtual machine and I have tried the install for asterisk 11 and 1.8, neither of them had the Google Voice motif option under connectivity. There is very little info on what to do to either download an add on or set up the Google Voice trunk without that option. Is there a way to do it or download? Any help would be great.

Use asterisk 11 and FreePBX 2.11. It is the ONLY way. Go to module admin and make sure the repo “unsupported” is selected. Then check online and then install the module

I had the same issue - I used asterisk-version-switch to switch to Version 11 and the your tip above to select the Unsupported repo in Module Admin worked and I was able to install the Google Voice Motif.

thanks!

I have the latest FreePBX Distro 4.211.64-6, Astrisk 11.4 FreePBX 2.11, but can’t register google voice, no one other device is using my gmail account
My server is in the CLOUD, USA
Any tip or idea very welcome please

Go to command line…

Type in:
asterisk-version-switch
Choose your (current) version of asterisk… and it will add in any modules not installed (If Motif not installed and shows error >>

This module requires Asterisk chan_motif & res_xmpp to be installed and loaded

See also Sangoma Documentation

Go to command line…

Type in:
asterisk-version-switch
Choose your (current) version of asterisk… and it will add in any modules not installed (If Motif not installed and shows error >>

This module requires Asterisk chan_motif & res_xmpp to be installed and loaded

See also

• Sangoma Documentation
  • Google Voice is not going to work anymore with freepbx in May. What alternatives do we have?

Its not a FreePBX or a Asterisk thing. Its a Google Voice thing. They are making it so no 3rd party applications can access it anymore. Google Voice will be apart of Google Hangouts only basically. As far as alternatives their are hundreds of SIP providers out there. It will just got you some money now.

I know it is a google voice thing.

What cheap alternative do you recommend?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

I do not know as I do not play with cheap providers. Of course I am biased and believe SIPStation provides the best value and service and it revenue is what helps pay the bills for the project.