No CDR reports output generation after FreePBX update to 16.0.40.3

I am using Asterisk version 16.28.0, and have updated the running FreePBX framework to the latest release of 16.0.40.3.

After the update I am noticing that no further CDRs are being protocolled. Under the menu option “Reports / CDR Reports”, I am generating the CDR output from this month, and am getting only those records with date and time before the FreePBX update.

Would anybody be so kind and provide to me some hints on how I can troubleshoot this further? Any known regression potentially introduced with this update?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

In Advanced Settings, ensure that “Enable CDR Logging” is enabled. There was an edge module update several weeks back that disabled this if you happened to install during the window it was available.

This is the solution:

Indeed, the option “Enable CDR Logging” must be set to “Yes”.

Double-checking the output of the Asterisk command line when firing the “cdr show status” command when the option is set to “No”:

Call Detail Record (CDR) settings

Logging: Disabled
Mode: Simple

And when the option is set to “Yes”:

Call Detail Record (CDR) settings

Logging: Enabled
Mode: Simple
Log calls by default: Yes
Log unanswered calls: No
Log congestion: No

• Registered Backends

cdr_manager (suspended)
    csv
    Adaptive ODBC

Not sure how an update can toggle this option.

2 Likes

I had the same problem after the update. Thanks to Lorne, I checked the advanced setting for Enable CDR Logging and it was set to No. The update obviously is messing with those settings. I wonder what else it did.

I had the same issue, the setting auto defaulted to no after update. However a full reboot was required for it to begin logging again after toggling the setting.

I didn’t need to reboot for the logging to take effect. Just an FYI

This just happened me too - Thanks.

This is affecting CDR Reports 16.0.38, upgrading to it adds these options to Advanced Settings and automatically disables CDR Logging.

Edit: CDR Reports 16.0.38 is still being offered as the Stable upgrade from 16.0.32

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.