Newbie,X-Lite for inbound and outbound call

Hi All,

I am new with this…

I have just installed AsteriskNow 1.7.1 + FreePBX
I have DM400A (Asterisk PCI Telephony Adapter 4 ports: 1,2 FXO and 3,4 FXS)

For the 1st trial, I want to use X-Lite to do inbound and outbound call…

anybody please advise where should I start?

many thanks in advance

Regards

thanks, it works! :->)

Ok, thanks to everyone :->) …

I got better progress, now I able to do outbound call through X-Lite :->) …
my new question is: how to do inbound to ring group (ie. IT Group)?
I have created IT Group, with ring strategy is “ringall” Ring time is 20
Extension List is: 250,251,252 and my mobile no.
and also had configure the “Destination if no answer: to Terminate Call: Hangup”

could any body please help?

thanks & Regards

asteriskCLI> dahdi show channels
Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret Blocked State
pseudo default default In Service
1 from-zaptel default In Service
2 from-zaptel default In Service
3 from-analog default In Service
4 from-analog default In Service
asterisk
CLI>

CrIf the ring group is your only destination simply create a catch all inbound route with the DID and caller ID field blank…set the destination to tithe ring group you created.

yes, now it works… but how when there are nobody answered the inbound call then it should be redirected to my mobile no? …

thanks

Add a misc destination pointed to your mobile phone and then set the no answer destination of the ring group to the misc. Destination you created.

Hi All,

I have not yet configure DM400A, I don’t know where to start… I did not have a manual guide of DM400A …
I don’t have idea where should I start, I need advise or help…

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

The DM400 is just another Digium 400 clone. It is fully supported by the drivers included with the Asterisk now.

Have you read any of the documentation links posted for you? They all contain information on how to setup DAHDI drivers.

To receive a meaningful answer from our forum you must try the steps we tell you. You next post should be in regard to a specific problem you have installing the system.

So please ask a question as we already told you how to get stated.

OK mate, seems like you have quite a bit of work ahead of you.
To make things easier for yourself, download yourself a copy of PBX in a Flash (PiaF). It’s an excellent and safe way to get started with IP PBX’s.
It can be downloaded from here: http://pbxinaflash.net/

Then, download the PiaF guide from here: http://dumbme.mbit.com.au/piaf/piaf_without_tears.pdf

Both those should be able to get you started in a fine manner, and there’s a ton of very helpful information on PiaF at nerdvittles.com.

Just bear in mind, whilst we’re happy to help, we cannot handhold you through the entire installation and configuration - expect to do a fair amount of googling.

If you do find that Asterisk is too much to learn at once, (and there’s no shame in admitting that) you can always try 3CX (www.3cx.com), which is very easy to install and configure, and runs on Windows.

As SkyKingOH mentioned, the 'FreePBX without tears" guides are an excellent start to understanding how the PBX works.

Because you’re just asking how to configure X-Lite, I’ll assume that you’ve already configured your TDM400A, along with the associated inbound & outbound routes.
If you haven’t done this, then go grab the setup guide from here: http://dumbme.mbit.com.au/piaf/piaf_without_tears.pdf

In fact, the more I think about it, it seems inconceivable that you would have correctly configured your TDM400 card, set up inbound/outbound routes, and then need assistance on setting up a simple extension and client.

Go grab the guide, it’ll save you (and us) many hours of frustration.

At the beginning usually works for me.

Have you read any of the getting started guides on FreePBX? Any of the "witout tears sears such as PBXiaf or even trixbox (will be a bit dated but still correct). There are several guides in our documentation section.

You need to create and extension, an outbound route and an inbound route.

Make sure you have your TDM400 configured first.