Newbie Here! Please help!

I am new to this field, and need to look at installing FreePBX and managing it. How hard is it to configure the call routing or forwarding rules? Is there a huge learning curve and is there somewhere to get simple instructions for this? All I really need is to buy DID here in US, and forward them according to rules to mostly international numbers. I do not need hardware, but is simple SIP device or soft phone needed or suggested? Thanks.

Yes, install the software on a VM and take a look for yourself. Also read the documentation on each module and try it on your test system.

It’s not too difficult once you understand the basic concepts. As with anything read the available documentation, download it and try it out.

I don’t want to be a pain here but at what point is it politically correct to point out to the author that this is a stupid question?

How in the world can one judge easy? Running the a mile is easy for someone in shape, for me I would end up in the emergency room.

We all have different talents and abilities what is easy for one is not for another.