Newbee

Daneilbo - First of all, I mentioned your college reference because you misspelled college. In world of unbridled sarcasm my friends would truly appreciate the humor in that. As you said, you don’t know me.

Here are the relevant issues:

1 - As Dicko clearly pointed out your attention to detail is sorely lacking. The link you provided is how to setup a Vonage SIP trunk. Has nothing to do with getting your extensions to register.

2 - My name is not leap frog, It’s SkykingOH. Leap Frog is merely my status on the forum. Leap Frog’s have completed formal training on Asterisk and FreePBX. Tadpoles have not, it has nothing to do with the number of posts. The other categories “Developer” is for God like creatures that write the code and “Contributors” are the wonderful patient people that document that which is so freely given to us lesser beings (non developers). See how we have the opinion of “lacks attention to detail” ?

3 - I never asked you if you could browse to the phones, I asked you if you could ping them from your FreePBX server. It’s again you attention to detail. If you botched the “secret” the intrusion detection in the distro may have banned your phones.

4 - I also clearly stated the steps needed to get the phones to register. You did not respond specifically, you simply said "I followed directions.

If you followed directions then your phones would be working as the other 3 million + users of FreePBX can attest to. If you can put your ego and attitude aside and focus on the task at hand instead of trying to ingratiate yourself to folks that are simply here to help you get your phone system working that you will find far more success at this process.

It would also help if you posted troubleshooting information such as any errors you may see in the Asterisk log when the phones try and register.

Lastly dicko is spot on when he talks about your understanding of the Distro. My itself FreePBX does nothing. It needs an Operating System, Asterisk and host of other programs to do it’s magic and turn Asterisk into a fully featured PBX. The FreePBX distro does all of this for you. You can’t just install “FreePBX” it is not an application by itself.

Hehe, I am a tadpole because I have not completed format (sic) training on FreePB. Please ignore everything I have said, I must be wrong. :wink:

You want to check your eyes? I utilized some god like powers to fix it.

Thank you Tadpole, This was a lot of help and great information.

I am the same as you, I can not figure out why they are not registering. I have checked the set up over and over again. I do not see any problem. I even hooked up my 3cx program and they registered just fine. When I have free PBX, they will not, but I can access them by IP address’s.

I have reformatted my hard drive and going to start over from scratch again. I am going to check out some of the programs that you suggested also first.

Thank you for your help, and trying to be patient with me. I am trying, plus doing a lot of research before I even tried asking for help on the board.

I really would like to get this to work, and I am the type of person that finds it hard to give up. I still have 3CX on anther hard drive, so all I have to do if flip drives, so its easy to go back to the old way. I like 3CX, but they do not offer the intercom feature unless you purchase the program for $495.00. We are just a small company and just dont have that extra to spend right now.

Hope you have a great Day,
Danielbo

I agree with what all of you are saying, I am confused, but I am trying to learn what is what. I have to pick your brains for some help, that I am unable to find else where.
I know we started out on the wrong foot, but I am sure everyone had a few problems whey they first started.

I will be working on it a few more days, and hope to get all to register and I will be on a roll. I have checked and rechecked all the setup and it all seem fine to me, but its not working that is why I reached out after doing research and doing everything I read and still could not get my phones to register.

I am not planning on giving up, but please be patient, I am trying hard because I am wanting to get it up and running

How are you provisioning your phones?

3CX pretty much auto provisions the phones. With the FreePBX distro, for instance, you use the End Point Manager. Other distros may require different methods to provision the phone. I’m Pretty sure your problem is the credentials you are providing in the extension set up in FreePBX are not the sme as you have in the phone itself.

BF

Another thought…

I’d certainly restore the telephone to factory defaults before attempting to provision it on the FreePBX system after it has been on 3CX.

Daneilbo - After all of that typing, did you read my message, why are you calling people tadpole.

How are you reformatting your drive? That makes no sense. The distro’s take care of that for you.

Also nobody recommended any programs, you need to make the one you have work by programming it correctly.

I gave you four clear steps to follow to troubleshoot yet you did not address any of them.

If you turned 3cx on and the phones worked it makes me wonder if you ever programmed them to work with the new FreePBX in the first place.

I have gotten the phones to register, plus I am also able to use the intercom feature.

The part I am working on now is when I make a outgoing call, it is saying “All circuits are busy” I need to read some more, I just wanted to up date you two.

I have installed FreePBX. As to reformatting, It seemed that every time I tried a different I would have to reformat the hard drive in order for the new program to install.

I am getting a warning about the FOP. Not sure what that is about yet, still reading.

I am unsure of what I did to make it register, seems as I did the same thing each time, but it worked that is all that matters. I just need to figure out why I am not being able to make out going calls with out getting that message. “all circuits are busy”

Thanks again guys, I did understand what you was saying about your names, I just was tired and just was use to what I thought your name was. Excuse me, Thank you

I believe that was my problem, that is the only thing I had done different. Thank you

You need to check your trunk, make sure it is registering and properly configured.

You should post how you have your Vonage trunk configured. Make sure and redact your personal stuff.

Also you need an outbound route.

Lastly, you need to send us some log from /var/spool/asterisk/full when you try and make a call.