New Sangoma P370 Touchscreen

Dpma app toggle will have no effect on a 370. The fact that you can receive a call means it’s not set to DND. Share a screen cap: Taking a Screenshot - Digium's Asterisk products - Asterisk Project Wiki

Here you go. Regardless of what caused it, after defaulting it and re-provisioning I can now send and receive calls. See top right corner red circle… and if I click on it, no switching presence which I believe you said is confirmed bug still with 4_6_0

I also tried setting the Background Image in the P370 template but nothing changes. I used the phones 1280x800 resolution for the background image…

That symbol looks similar, but is not identical to the DND icon, which looks like this:

What is the asterisk output of

core show hint 104

Asterisk will track the status with the hint, here’s mine:

*CLI> core show hint 112
112@ext-local       : PJSIP/112&PJSIP/9811  State:Idle            Presence:available       Watchers  3
1 hint matching extension 112
*CLI> core show hint 112
112@ext-local       : PJSIP/112&PJSIP/9811  State:Busy            Presence:dnd             Watchers  3
1 hint matching extension 112

Here is what I get

104@ext-local : PJSIP/104&PJSIP/9010 State:Idle Presence:available Watchers 1
1 hint matching extension 104

And here is what I get when I turn DND on in UCP

104@ext-local : PJSIP/104&PJSIP/9010 State:Busy Presence:dnd Watchers 1
1 hint matching extension 104

I havent heard back from support on this Presence issue with the Red Circle but did provide some detailed testing that narrowed the issue down to creating a template and selecting P370 model as the cause…

I see Sangoma released firmware version 4_6_2 on their FTP which I updated to yesterday… Defaulted phone, re-applied model P370 to my P370 template, provisioned phone and I can confirm the phone is now properly displaying Presence symbols with the new firmware

http://phones.dl.sangoma.com/firmware/p-series/

VM is also playing VM’s now… Contacts, Park, Conference all working. Call Logs still isnt working and I found a bug with background images not working and reported it. @lgaetz said he opened a ticket for that bug…

Ill keep testing as new firmware gets released. Once I can get the background image and call logs to work properly I think the phone will be ready for resale. For some reason, every one of my clients, first thing they ask is for their company logo to be loaded as background image… hahaha

1 Like

How is the look & feel of the P370 in comparison to the D80? Touchscreen? Audio?

So far, the P370 look is not as refinded as the D80… The home screen has the bottom 1/3 of the screen taken up by the large PhoneApps icons… They did refine that a little bit in the latest update… prior to this update, the title of each phoneapp didnt even fit in the icons…that is corrected now…

I wish they had other backgrounds to choose from as defaults built into the phone. But once they get the background upload feature in the template fixed, that shouldnt be such an issue. Its very dark at the moment.

The icons that are across the bottom of the D80 touchscreen are moved to physical touch buttons below the screen on the P370…Except for the home and keypad buttons…

Sound quality so far is on par with the D80 so far. Sounds good.

1 Like

Firmware bundle 1.48 is available now in EPM with the 4_6_2 firmware.

Looks like 4_6_3 is out yesterday…any info on changes/fixes? Ill give it a go tomorrow

EPM Firmware bundle 1.49 is available in EPM with the 4_6_3 firmware.

Thanks
Kapil

How can I persuade the P370 phone to install the new firmware? I put 1.49 into slot 1 and enabled “force firmware from slot 1” in the Digium-template. When I reload the configs using the EPM, the phone does not load the new firmware.

EDIT: Do I have to activate https for provisioning too? Currently https is only active for phone apps.

Testing it myself now… This is the first time updating P370 via EPM for me. I have been downloading from Sangoma FTP and updating firmware directly on the phone up until this point because latest FW were not being released in EPM…

Will report back in a minute…

So Im expereincing the same as you… After forcing my P370 template to use FW Slot 1 which is loaded with 1.49 (which contains 4_6_3) and my phone is on 4_6_2… none of the force phone to check config is working on EPM>Extension Mapping… I did rebuild the config… I also tried click reboot phone on the phone itself, it also does not check and pull the new FW on boot up…

Ill proceed to update the phone now via the Web Admin GUI method to explore what fixes/changes are in 4_6_3 like I have been doing up to this point…

FYI, to do that…Reset to factory default on the phone under Advanced… When it boots back up, just note the IP and go to…http://IP OF PHONE/firmware

Firmware can be downloaded here…Index of /firmware/p-series

1 Like

I have HTTPS Provisioning activate and that didnt help or make any difference…

Alright Im back up after updating to 4_6_3 manually. I can confirm Call Log is finally fixed, so thats good news. Still cant change Presence on the phone… background image still isnt loading, so it appears that still isnt fixed yet.

I can confirm that bundle 1.49 for phone firmware does not work as intended. I’ve escalated.

There is a lag from when you initiate the fw download to when the files are written to disk, in my test just now it was several full minutes. I’m still experimenting, but it looks like if you rebuild the phone config during this lag, the provisioning file will be created with references to the old firmware version, not the new.

The work around is to ensure to rebuild the phone config and reprovision the phone several minutes after the firmware bundle has been downloaded into the slot.

2 Likes

I use the newest firmware 4.6.3. Call Logs, parked calls and voicemail don’t work. Contacts do work. Presence cannot be changed, but it shows correctly.
Is there somewhere a short manual, how to set this phone up with freePBX? I still don’t know, what protocols I have to use in the extension setting, udp or tls? I left it on auto.
What can be the source of my problem that some dpma apps work and others do not?

ok…I am not able to connect the P370 via tls, only udp works. This seems to be the problem…

Im using TLS and all my apps work except changing presence on phone…it changes but only via UCP…

Ill let you know my settings once back to the office.

1 Like