New Module: Outbound Extension Groups

Anyone tried CustomContexts with 2.4?

In most part yes, it’s work. See this thread . I tested it on FreePBX and it works.

My config:
No dial-out prefix (all dial-out numbers begins from) 0,1,or 9, but that digits have to be dialed thru trunk. Extensions - three digits begins from 3,4,5,6 or 7
one dial-out route (default) that matches all dial-out traffic. and it works fine.
When I try to configure outbound group (for example to add PIN for some extension to dialout) - it stil goes by default outbound route, even if I add extension to outgroup manually
I can see that somebody has similar problems.

m.

i am trying to use a follow me to call my cell phone i have my box setup with a ext to call cell phone but when i enable it and call my main number it still goes to my voicemail on main line never trys to find my cell ext the box was setup by my friend in jail and he had it working before but something its something i had him turn off …now he needs it on and i am a novice at this box

i tried to hit followme on main ext and applied change after 3 rings right to voice mail.

This is an awesome module . . . well, it should be!

I did the upload from a machine on the local network - and my FreePBX UI won’t come up any more. The I can get to main server control panel, and I can get into webmin . . . but can’t see the FreePBX main screen. I did a “shutdown -r now” and still no control GUI. Asterisk appears to be up and calls go through ok. When I try to get to the UI, the url “http://192.168.1.2/admin/config.php” is displayed, and the browser shows a blak page with the message “Done” at the bottom left.

Any ideas? Please also reply to “jimi at designet.com”, if you don’t mind.

Thanks,

Jim

I must have been pretty upset when I wrote that; typo’s are not my usual style . . . the screen is blank, not blak.

I’d appreciate any help that might be offered . . . all our phones are dependent on a working UI!

Thanks,

Jim

hi

I am dailing outbond call from Freepbx whenever remot IVR ask me to press 1 for manager press 2 for 3 for 4 for i press but nothing happen IVR keep repeting the same Plz help me out
Thanks
Manoj

HI

i have 1 GB ram in Freepbx It use 97% of 1GB How much Ram Freepbx Need.

Did you fix this yet? I just ran into the same thing. I was able to get around it by manually editing the /var/www/html/admin/modules/outgrps/functions.inc.php file. Comment out the “class ext_setcallerpres extends extension” section. There are about a dozen lines. Just put double slashes in front of each line and save it. Then the gui will start working again. At this point I uninstalled this module. No telling what else is broke. So I have no idea how it works or anything else.

manojkuksal,

DO NOT hijack a thread about one thing with a totaly new subject. it is the fastest way to not get an answer to your problem. repost the question as a new question so that it can be seen and answered by somebody who would know.

Neither of your post have ANYTHING to do with the outbound module, so the origional poster is now getting alerts about new postings when in reality they have nothing to do wit hthis subject. At the same time people willing to help with either of your questions might not be interested in the outbound module so will not look and you loose out.

Jim, This is third party developed module at this time. So you’ll have to wait for the developer to respond. But in the mean time you’ve provided almost no important details. Version of FreePBX, asterisk, OS, etc. It is possible that you have a combination that has created a issue not planned on but without those important details it is hard to start helping without first asking and waiting for those answers.

Original image was PBX-in-a-flash
Upgraded to now running FreePBX 2.4.1.0

Loaded “Outbound Extensions Group” module as described. No errors reported but the “Asterisk management” web page comes up blank. URL is http://192.168.100.41/admin/config.php?display=modules&type=tool&online=0
Seems the same problem as “Wow - My PBX UI went away!” described in post above.
I have tried rebooting which resulted in no change.
Selecting icon Asterisk Mgmt (FreePBX) does not ask for username/password - shows URL http://192.168.100.41/admin/config.php with blank page and “done” in bottom left corner.
Appreciate assistance to resolve this as I can’t even unload the module.

I am having the same problem as above. I installed the module and now my freepbx UI is gone. I am running PIAF.
Following edisoninfo (tadpole)'s info, I was able to get my gui back. Thank you!

Wish I’d seen these posts first. Now I can’t access the FreePBX admin page either… :frowning:

I had the same experience using PIAF - FreePBX 2.5 on a remote server.

Thought this module would do what I needed, and it probably will once ironed out.

The resolution to get our UI back was this - remove the ‘outgrps’ folder/module from /var/www/html/admin/modules/ via PuTTY and can now access the web interface again.

Hope this helps.

Just thought I’d ask the question as this thread seems to have dried.

I had the same issue as the above posts with the UI not loading-it blocked the admin user. I’m using PIAF - FreePBX 2.5.1.1 with Asterisk 1.4.21.2

I am attempting to use this Module…

Did have to cut out one of the classes in

[Wed Feb 11 12:08:24 2009] [error] [client 172.16.200.13] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class ext_setcallerpres in /var/www/html/admin/modules/outgrps/functions.inc.php on line 44, referer: http://172.16.200.50/admin/config.php

So to get around this I just commented out the duplicate class. Per the original author’s note about it being a duplicate class at this point.

So far everything else seems good.

//
// This should really be in extensions.class.php but until FreePBX is updated I'll put it here.
//
//class ext_setcallerpres extends extension {
//      var $chan;
//      var $options;
//      function ext_setcallerpres($presentation) {
//              $this->presentation = $presentation;
//      }
//
//      function output() {
//              return 'SetCallerPres('.$this->presentation.')';
//      }
//}

Okay,

Everything seemed to work till I tried to dial out then It appeared to ignore my outgroup. Should have used Zap/43 but it used Zap/G3 (Channel 48). In looking around I see an error in the HTTPD error_log, that I am not sure how to interupt…

[code]

[Tue Feb 17 15:04:29 2009] [error] [client 10.150.249.210] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://10.150.248.205/admin/config.php?type=setup&display=extensions&extdisplay=2105#

[\code]

Anyone have any ideas, I check permissions and groups all asterisk.asterisk from what I can see and the line 0 is of no help :slight_smile:

TIA,

The box is a PiaF 1.2 build on which I manually updated FreePBX to the most current release following the update tree…

Not sure how the were set to what I found but in comparing a latter build with the production box that did not work I discovered that the the setting for the directory /var/lib/php/session and the ownership was wrong.

A simple chown asterisk.asterisk and chmod 776 fixed this issue and this module now appears to be working, although it is still tossing some interesting errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log.

After the Huntsville class I will offer and post some updates…

Thanks to John M. for his extra eyes and guidance…

FYI, an alternative module with similar capabilities (but seemingly more current) is this one:

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/new-module-outbound-extension-groups?page=1