New install of FreePBX 16 on Asterisk 20, Ubuntu 22.04 fails - bad version

I found the following article (Asterisk v20-rc1 is Released - #10 by BlazeStudios) where at the end it seems that they have FreePBX 16 working with Asterisk 20 LTS, however it seems that’s based on an upgrade scenario. A clean install fails upon running “install -n” returning:

Checking if Asterisk is running and we can talk to it as the ‘asterisk’ user…Error!
Unsupported Version of 20.0.0
Supported Asterisk versions: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

How can I either change the reported version of Asterisk (as was done in the upgrade) or modify the compare-to adding v20?
Fresh clean install including the following components:
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
PHP 8.1.2
MariaDB 15.1
Asterisk 20.0.0 LTS

Are you using “freepbx-16.0.26” ? If not then please give try with the latest Freepbx tarball. Thanks

FreePBX hasnt been tested/updated for PHP8.x

Thank you. When I downloaded FreePBX initially I did so using “freepbx-16.0-latest.tgz” however that clearly doesn’t grab the latest version. That got me past the Asterisk issue and moves me along to a different error related to a PHP module I included below.

I received the error below regarding PHP. After a little research, this is a common syntax related issue between PHP 7.4 and PHP 8. As using PHP 8 is not a critical requirement, I simply walked it back to PHP 7.4 and installation was successful!

This is the error I saw:

PHP Fatal error: Declaration of FreePBX\Database::query() must be compatible with PDO::query(string $query, ?int $fetchMode = null, mixed …$fetchModeArgs): PDOStatement|false in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php on line 239

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.