New Install - Error HTTP 500 when trying to access web interface for first time

Hi,

Bit stumped but this one, have tried installing from scratch twice now. The install completes without errors but when I try to go to http://ipaddress/ I just get a HTTP 500 error in Chrome. IE presents a blank page.

I’ve double checked the IP in the console via ifconfig and have checked for IP conflicts on the LAN.

Can ping the IP of the pbx externally fine too.

It have installed on VMware vSphere 4 VM.

I’m giving FreePBX a run as I’m sick of Elastix’s growing eccentricities!

Must be something really simple?

Thanks

John

Also, changing the IP does not help either.

I am also having this issue.

I disabled the IPtables, checked to see if httpd was running and listening (it is), re-installed the distro, ran the upgrade-1.8.2.0-2.sh script (fresh install is 1.8.2.0-1) and still I am getting an error 500.

My apache error log says:

[Fri Aug 12 14:50:13 2011] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Fri Aug 12 14:50:13 2011] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Fri Aug 12 14:50:13 2011] [notice] Digest: done
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: eAccelerator: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP com$
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: gd: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled with$
PHP Warning: Module ‘json’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mysql: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled w$
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mysqli: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled $
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: PDO: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled wit$
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so’ - /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol:$
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_sqlite.so’ - /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_sqlite.so: undefined symbo$
[Fri Aug 12 14:50:13 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.17 configured – resuming normal operations
[Fri Aug 12 14:55:35 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf) [fu$
[Fri Aug 12 14:55:35 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP Warning: include_once() [
function.include]: Failed ope$
[Fri Aug 12 14:55:35 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getampadminusers() in /var/www/html/index.ph$

I had the same issues yesterday. FreePBX distro would not completely install. Even after removing incompatible httpd modules I couldn’t install freepbx. I had asked for help on IRC and no one responded. Installed PBX In a Flash instead.

I did a fresh install of the latest distro that I downloaded yesterday.

Lots of files missing.

Had to to a yum update to deal with mismatched HP modules, then I had to seperately download and compile eAccelerator

Once I ran the ./install_amp and it worked, and then start_asterisk, but here is what httpd error log shows:

[Fri Aug 12 14:42:10 2011] [error] [client 10.22.150.77] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAmpAdminUsers() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 22
[Fri Aug 12 14:43:37 2011] [error] [client 10.22.130.138] PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 19
[Fri Aug 12 14:43:37 2011] [error] [client 10.22.130.138] PHP Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /var/www/html/index.php on line 19
[Fri Aug 12 14:43:37 2011] [error] [client 10.22.130.138] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAmpAdminUsers() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 22

Someone else, I thought it was this thread but it appear to have been deleted, mentioned that this dir is mostly empty:
/var/www/html/admin

And I can confirm that I have the same issue.

Glad PIAF is working for you. :slight_smile:

The schmooze guys have rolled out some new RPMs, but it appears they may have missed a few, and there are some 5.1 RPM’s being installed with the 5.2 PHP.

After you’ve fixed your PHP install, you can run /usr/src/freepbx/install_amp and that will re-install it, and get it working.

Bryan is aware of it, and will be working on it as soon as possible.

(I speak only on behalf of myself)

This has been fixed as of the 12th before I left for Vegas and I verified with a few people they were able to install with no issues.

Thanks for the update, will try to install again.

Hi Tony,
New here so forgive the basic question, but if it is fixed how to I install the fix? The broken distro still seems to be up on the site so I assume I don’t use that.

Do I install a patch on the existing broken distro I have installed? Or is there a new version of the distro that is available for starting over?

Thanks!

John