Need urgent help in retrieving voicemail

I am in need of urgent help, I have an important voicemail that need to be retrieved.

Unfortunately, in the “extension” page , the email address where the voicemail have to be sent is listed as ‘abc’, instead of ‘[email protected]’ by mistake, so the email is obviously not sent out since there is not such user as ‘abc’ in the local machine.

So the question is, can I still get the email file or the audio attachment for this voicemail somewhere? I really need this file.

Please help…

Should be in the outbound mail Queue. Eventually it will be sent to the Postmaster as undeliverable.

Since you did not tell what version of Linux or what MTA you are using I can’t tell you where to look for the mail message.

thank you for the reply, and sorry for the incomplete info.

The freepbx is installed with trixbox 2.4 , thus using centos 5.2

May 20 08:04:02 hq1 sendmail[22442]: n4KF42ZR022442: [email protected]… User unknown
May 20 08:04:02 hq1 sendmail[22442]: n4KF42ZR022442: from=[email protected], size=90951, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

above are the extract from the maillog, i believe its using itself as the MTA, am i right?

Should be in the outbound mail Queue. Eventually it will be sent to the >>Postmaster as undeliverable

Where can I find these outbound mail Queue folder? and if it is sent to the postmaster, how do i retrieve it?

Thank you for your kind help

Take a look in /var/spool/mqueue

i have checked the mqueue folder, amd clientmqueue folder, both are emtpy, any other place that i can check?