Need some help troubleshooting an outbound route

Hey everyone, I have 2 voip providers. I have right now 2 simple outbound routes. The first one has no special settings with a dial plan just ( ) + |[. / ]

Not sure how to write that, I just have a period in the match pattern that’s all. I then have trunk sequence 0 as Voip provider 1, and trunk sequence 1 as Voip provider 2.

I have a second outbound route, which is ( ) + 97 |[. / ] so 97 for prefix and then period as match pattern. Trunk sequence is just 0 and goes to VoIP provider 2. This works perfectly, if I dial 97 then a number it uses provider 2.

I’m trying to do the same thing but dialing 96 for example to use VoIP provider 1 and I have it 100% as the above, but it won’t work! When I make a call it just says “The number you have dialed is not in service, please check the number and try your call again, thank you.” I don’t know if it’s Asterisk it doesn’t sound like the normal asterisk voice. The thing I don’t get is it’s no different than my 97 route to use Voip 2, what could cause this not to work?