MWI not working properly (PJSIP & Snom-Phones)

+1

Just got pushes about 67 module updates last night. MWI is broken on all my phones. Hard and soft phones all affected.

What happens if you go to Asterisk 16? It shouldn’t make a difference but after I upgraded things started working again. Could be pure coincidence.

Things we need to know

Version of asterisk
Voicemail module version
Voicemail.conf posted here

However. It seems like all the issues are surrounding asterisk 15 these days. Since its no longer supported even for security fixes there’s no reason to stay on it. Move to 13 or 16

Actually, going back to Asterisk15 resolved the issue for me. So seems to be the exactly opposite. On 17 it didn’t work for me, on 15 it does perfectly.

There isnt an Asterisk 17.

@tm1000

Asterisk 13.22.0-1 (SNG7)
Voicemail module 14.0.6.2
Voicemail.conf (sanitized version - All extensions have same settings just different extension number, password, and email.

[general]
externnotify=/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/vmnotify-newvm.php
emailbody=${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.\nVisit http://AMPWEBADDRESS/ucp to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n
pollmailboxes=yes
pollfreq=10
forcegreetings=yes
forcename=yes
emailsubject=FreePBX Voicemail Notification
fromstring=FreePBX Phone System
charset=UTF-8
envelope=yes
operator=yes
review=no
saycid=no
sayduration=yes
searchcontexts=no
sendvoicemail=yes
tempgreetwarn=yes
usedirectory=yes
hidefromdir=no
moveheard=yes
smdienable=no
emaildateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
pagersubject=PBX Voicemail Notification
pagerbody=New ${VM_DUR} long msg in box ${VM_MAILBOX}\nfrom ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}
pagerfromstring=PBX Phone System
pagerdateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
pbxskip=no
attach=yes
nextaftercmd=yes
maxgreet=60
maxlogins=3
maxmsg=100
minpassword=0
maxsecs=300
maxsilence=10
minsecs=1
imapgreetings=yes
imapclosetimeout=60
imapopentimeout=60
imapreadtimeout=60
imapwritetimeout=60
silencethreshold=128

[default]
3001=YYYY,XXXX XXXX,[email protected],attach=yes|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=no

You need to go and upgrade the voicemail module as your voicemail.conf is out of date and also get on Asterisk 13.25

@tm1000

“yum update” has always done Asterisk 13.x upgrades for me. Is there a reason why I’d have to force an upgrade and use:

yum --showduplicates list asterisk13

and then:

yum downgrade asterisk*13.xx.x

No seems like something is wrong on your system

@tm1000

@kolpinkb what are you trying to show me exactly? Im confused.

@tm1000

Why would 13.24.x-x and up not be showing on my Free PBX distro?

I have always kept up with module and system updates

How would I forice an upgrade to a version that does not appear. I’m searching and seeing 13.24.x as newest for Asterisk13???

Sorry I don’t have an answer for that. I’m focusing on fixing MWI issues. Your version of Asterisk tells me that MWI should work as it always has.

There were updates to a number of modules for me including Voicemail so MWI it must be broken for a different reason.

Did you try changing the extensions settings to [ext]@default if that doesnt work then its not a freepbx issue

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-28306

As a result of https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-28306

I have issued Asterisk 13.26 and 16.3 and that has resolved the issue.

I have also released voicemail v13.0.59.3, v14.0.6.5 and v15.0.17.5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.