Music on Hold stream stopped playing suddenly

I use one of our DIDs to test line quality for remote employees and I use a stream from our broadcast encoder as the feed.

/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -r 8000 -f 8192 --mono -s http://10.255.96.50:8000

Today during some testing I was hearing the stream then after dialing back a few times the stream quit. I can listen to the stream directly from the url on my computer. Is there a service or something that may need to be restarted to get the stream flowing again?

I seam to remember this happening before and they only fix I could find to was to reboot the entire pbx.

Once the problem starts, does the asterisk cli show anything different during a test call compared to when the music is playing normally?

Also, back when you fixed the issue by rebooting the pbx, did you try just restarting asterisk before doing a full reboot? If not, try running ‘moh reload’ from the asterisk cli when the problem happens. If that didn’t help, then try restarting asterisk(drops calls) and see if things start working again. It’s not really a solution, but it can help narrow things down.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.