Multiple shared voicemail BLF buttons, prevent transferring?

I have a few users that check multiple shared voicemails, my project is to create blf buttons on their polycoms to light up when voicemails are in the box, and check the voicemail without having to enter a password when pressed. Got that all working, with one minor annoyance…

I’d like to prevent them (or just abruptly hang up) from being able to press transfer on the polycom during an active call and send it to this BLF, as the incoming caller would then be listening to other people’s voicemails.

Tried working this from the polycom side, and searched around to see if there is a change I can make to the extensions_custom.conf script to detect “This is a transfer, uhoh hangup”. I’m afraid I don’t know the correct terminology to search as I wasn’t finding good results.

The following is entered in extensions_custom.conf, a Custom Destination pointing to it, and a Misc Application pointing to that.

[fourhundred-voicemail]
exten => s,1,Ringing
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,Wait(1)
exten => s,4,VoiceMailMain(400@default,s)
exten => s,5,Macro(hangupcall)

[from-internal-custom]
exten => *33,hint,MWI:400@${DB(AMPUSER/400/voicemail)}

You’re on the right track, but if you need a hint defined then the Misc Application doesn’t help you much. Here is a good starting point:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 4509,hint,MWI:6006@${DB(AMPUSER/6006/voicemail)}
exten => 4509,1,Noop(Entering user defined context from-internal-custom in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => 4509,n,Macro(user-callerid)
exten => 4509,n,ExecIf($[${LEN(${AMPUSER})}>4]?Hangup())
exten => 4509,n,Goto(from-internal,*986006,1)

Feature code is 4509 which is arbitrary monitoring mailbox for 6006. the ExecIf blocks any callers with a CID longer than 4 digits. Obviously you’ll want to update to suit your situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.