Multiple Magicjack on freepbx?

Hello, I have a Magicjack on my frrepbx using a grandstream FXO gatway, It is a 4 port. I just got 3 more magicjacks and connected them. They work diling out. But I have a problem with Dialing in. What I mean is if the msin number is busy is there a way that in freepbx if the main number is busy it can go to the next magicjack? I know in a normal way say from verizon it can go in a trunk line setup for a pots line. But in using magicjacks I have no clue. Can someone please help me to figure this out?

Joseph

1 Like

If your MagicJack line is busy the only way it would be able to go to a different line is if Magicjack had the ability to forward calls to alternative numbers if a call comes in and your line is busy.

In other words, this is not done on the FreePBX system but upstream by the provider if it’s an option.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the help and understanding. I will give a call to magicjack sense they have phone support now I see from the last time I was on there site.

Joseph

Do you have an extension for each of the Magicjack? If so,

Create a ring group with all of your roll over lines. Set to first not in use and skip busy.
Point your did to the extension. Set call waiting off. Set busy/unavailable destination to the ring group.

Calls will ring first to the extension and if busy they will go to the roll over ring group.

Copied from:

1 Like

I don’t have each magicjack for each phone Extension.

I looked into it. But I don’t know if the personal magicjack has the skip busy function. I did saw that the Magicjack for business has it.

Edit: I only have two phones. I’m not trying to get each phone extension to run on a magicjack. My goal is if my first magicjack is busy then it will go to the second magicjack line for a phone call for incomming calls. Like a trunk failover phone line.

Joseph

Is this a business PBX?

No this is my pbx. I don’t use it for business.

Joseph