Multicast Interoperative Paging

Ok - I have been trying to make Multicast Paging work across three brands of phones - Grandstream, Polycom and Yealink - I have set it up correctly (at least as far as I can ascertain with all the Documentation) and I have settled on using the Polycom Default Paging settings since they are the least flexible - Yealink and Grandstream are easy to adjust to different settings.

Here is the Matrix I come up with as far as success:

Shockingly the Polycom seems to work the best as the Originator and successfully sends a Multicast Page to all three targets - Yealink get’s two out of three, but the Grandstream ONLY pushes out to Grandstreams (surprise) - Here is the settings on a Polycom:

Here are the settings on a Grandstream:

And finally, here are the settings on the Yealink:

Has anyone else had luck getting them all to work together? From everything I read about the technology (multicast paging) it should work as advertised - but alas, not.

Input from anyone that has this working would be awesome!

1 Like

I’m fairly certain that Polycom uses a proprietary RTP stream for their multicast so you will have trouble with audio with other manufacturers… I may be mistaken. Algo has figured out how to work with them though.

Yup - I know about Polycom’s proprietary stream - but both the Yealinks and the Grandstreams say that they work with it - and I have set them both to use Polycom signalling.

I’ve never had an issue with the signaling, only the audio. That being said, I’ve not put a lot of time or effort into multicast cross-compatibility. I believe I’ve gotten Yealink and Panasonic to work on the same Multicast but that’s as far as my testing has gone.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.