Mult emals - Cron <asterisk@24408486> [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && sleep $((RANDOM

Hi tm1000,

Thanks for the update. I already tried that also, but after fwconsole r entry is back. I just tried again, but I can’t attach pictures here…

Solved by editing asterisk crontab and modifying the userman line.

crontab -e -u asterisk

Change the line:

*/15 * * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && sleep $((RANDOM%30)) && /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q

to:

*/15 * * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && sleep $((RANDOM\%30)) && /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q

Save and exit.

systemctl restart crond

No more erros.

It’s working now. Thanks.

Grrrrr. This Saturday the fix must have been rolled out. It fixed the cron jobs really well!

I used to have 23 lines in my asterisk cron file. I noticed today something was wrong (a job of mine that runs hourly was not being run) and discovered that the file was down to just 4 or 5 lines. The rest seem to have been zapped.

I have restored a backup and then manually run a modules upgrade - now have 24 lines!!

This time nothing has been zapped. One line has been added into the middle:

*/15 * * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && sleep $((RANDOM\%30)) && /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q

Is this the old bad line?

The module it has installed is 15.0.67! The old bad one.

I don’t understand what has happened on Saturday. Unfortunately I did not take not of what version I had before I restored (I do have a copy of the previous VM so if need be I can look).

I hove rolled back to .63 and deleted the above cron line.

PS: I waited 15 minutes and did not get an error email so not sure what is going on.

PPS: I have reinstated by previous VM and I can see that UM 15.0.67 was installed. So that leaves the mystery as to why my cron jobs consist of just these 5 lines

* 0 * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole util cleanplaybackcache -q
5 6 * * 6 [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma listonline --sendemail -q > /dev/null 2>&1
5 7 * * 6 [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole sys upgradeall --sendemail -q > /dev/null 2>&1
5 8 * * 6 [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma upgradeall --sendemail -q > /dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && sleep $((RANDOM\%30)) && /usr/sbin/fwconsole job --run --quiet 2>&1 > /dev/null

There is a blank line as the very first line - I don’t know if that is significant.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.