Here’s what I would like to accomplish, but I want to make sure I don’t have any missteps. Please advise on whether this plan is viable or not. Thanks in advance for any help! I have right at 24 extensions (20 Sangoma deskphones, 3 ATAs, and one softphone) in this deployment.
- Perform a backup of the FreePBX 14 deployment using the “Full Backup” template
- Spin up a new FreePBX 15 with Asterisk 16 VM using the official .ISO
- Perform an OS (yum update) and a full module upgrade (fwconsole ma upgradeall) on the new FreePBX 15 system
- De-Activate the FreePBX 14 system
- Activate the FreePBX 15 system using the same deployment ID
- Restore the backup to the FreePBX 15 system
- Set static IP address if necessary on the new system
I may very well have the deactivate and activate in the wrong position in the steps above. Again, I just want to make sure this process goes as smooth as possible, and I don’t miss anything. Also, another curious question. If I create the network adapter on the new virtual machine to match the MAC address of the old VM, will I even have to worry about the de-activate/activate process?