Morning call to multiple extensions. Ring Group

Hello

Looking to call 1 extension which will ring 3 extensions. The extensions should continue to ring after the caller goes off hook. The call should continue until the extension called goes off hook. Once the called extension goes off hook, I would like to play an audio file.

The real world application is I would like to use it as a wakeup call.

Thanks

Sangoma has a commercial module for hospitality. That does wake up calls.

Or you can write some custom dial plan.

Let me see if I can summarize your request.

You want to place a single call (or fire up a single call file) that calls three numbers. When all three phones have picked up the phone, you play the message file?

If that’s the case, there is going to be a problem. Each of the calls to the phones is a separate call from the PBX - they are only related by the fact that you think they are. In order to do this, you’ll have to write a custom context and handled each of the calls and (for example) bridges them into a conference, and the message played to the conference only happens after all three phones are picked up. The other problem I see is error handling: what are you going to do if none, one, or two of the phones pick up. The ‘all three’ version of the caller is already a challenge - adding the complexity of one or more of the phones never picking up makes this harder.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.