Monitor a hint/subscription/presence

The hints that generate under asterisk info>subscriptions

How can I monitor them to run a script/context if one a certain subscription changes?

any ideas?

Not much of a programmer here but have you looked at the ā€œpjsip show subscriptions inbound/outboundā€ asterisk CLI command? Asterisk also has a flag to run CLI commands from within a shell, so for example you could use asterisk -x "pjsip show subscriptions inbound" from a script and do further actions based on the output.

Thanks for this, but Iā€™d have to run the job every second, so I rather than that I hope there is a way to have a script subscribe to the hint or have the hint call a script on change.

Any other ideas?

I have done some basic testing around this by monitoring AMI events.
Fun with AMI (node-red)
Open Source Pro Tips #9 - Connecting to & Controlling FreePBX with Node-RED: Part 1
Open Source Pro Tips #10 - Connecting to & Controlling FreePBX with Node-RED: Part 2

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder on this (node-red). @lgaetz is there any interest by Sangoma in bringing in this work to the FreePBX/PBXact projects? This is such a powerful and flexible approach.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.