Modules to unload safely in a FreePBX Distro system without any IAX2/H.323/MGCP/Skinny devices/requirements

Would be interesting to know if some Asterisk’s modules could be unloaded safely (through Asterisk CLI command “module unload modulename”) without causing bad side effects to other parts of Asterisk/FreePBX system.

I have a FreePBX Distro system that doesn’t actually really need any IAX2, H.323, MGCP and/or Skynny devices/connections.

In order to do that should I then edit the /etc/asterisk/modules.conf adding at the end of that configuration file some specific “noload => modulename” options (in reference to each single protocol’s module written above)?

I ask this because I dislike to see messages like:

chan_ooh323.c: Unable to load config ooh323.conf, OOH323 disabled
iax2-provision.c: No IAX provisioning configuration found, IAX provisioning disabled.
chan_skinny.c: Configuring skinny from skinny.conf
chan_skinny.c: Unable to load config skinny.conf, Skinny disabled.
chan_mgcp.c: Unable to load config mgcp.conf, MGCP disabled

when, in fact, my FreePBX Distro system doesn’t need them at all.

Think that like a little tuning (I mean: don’t try to load what you exactly know it’s not needed).

I want to keep the system “footprint” as thin as possible (at least for what I can easily manage without causing bad side effects to other parts of the FreePBX system).

Best regards, Davide.

It should be safe to unload those modules.

Thanks Philippe, your should is more “heavier” than the one written by somebody else…so I’m going to give this little tuning a try and then I’ll report.

Davide.