Module update woes

I am running Distro 5.211 for the last month or so.

There have been a few updates to the modules recently, and two of these seem to be causing problems…

The OSS Endpoint manager config editor layout seems to be a little confused as to where each item should be on the page…
it is like the line is trying to be evenly spaced across the page except for the right column that is all compressed up…
This looks like just a CSS fix, but I know nothing of CSS… :frowning:

The other update seems to have upset the extensions page, not sure which module caused this.
I make a change and click “Submit” then the page goes blank with the url:
http://192.168.0.3/admin/config.php

I normally use Chrome, but have also tried in FireFox with the same results.

Am I missing something here?
Is there something I can change?

Thanks

PB

As far as the EPM one I have no clue. That module is un-supported and most of the changes that were published were commits from the community. Its not a module the FreePBX team supports so the best bet it to report a bug on it and hopefully someone will take a look.

As far as your other issue have you installed the distro upgrades. PHP had broke some things that we fixed in our own RPMs so you need to use the Distro upgrades as found at the wiki to keep the Distro as a whole updated.

I just applied the module updates from the module admin page.
I’ll locate the distro updates and apply them, thanks.

While on the subject of modules, is there a way to add a “rollback” feature, in the event an update doesn’t play nice, we can roll back one level.
maybe store/archive the module before the upgrade of the new code…

just a thought.

PB

Tony,

I have performed the Distro update as suggested on:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/FreePBX-Distro-5.211.65
went from FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-6 to FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-9.
The php issue seems to remain after a server reboot.
Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks.

PB

Rollback is in FreePBX 12

Run

amportal a dbug

cause the crash.

Post the output here.

[root@localhost ~]# amportal a dbug

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

trying to run as user asterisk:

[FPBXDBUGDISABLE] changed from previous value: [1] to new value: [0]

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx_dbug <==

2014-Mar-26 16:50:01 /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/licen sed.php:0
[WARNING]: License check failed!

2014-Mar-26 16:55:01 /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/functions.inc/ import_queue_data.php:0
[WARNING]: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_ path is properly configured in your ini file!

2014-Mar-26 16:55:01 /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/functions.inc/ import_queue_data.php:0

==> /var/log/httpd/error_log <==
[Wed Mar 26 14:31:10 2014] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authent ication …
[Wed Mar 26 14:31:10 2014] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Mar 26 14:31:10 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.28 config ured – resuming normal operations
[Wed Mar 26 14:31:30 2014] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Mar 26 14:32:56 2014] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin /suexec)
[Wed Mar 26 14:32:56 2014] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authent ication …
[Wed Mar 26 14:32:56 2014] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Mar 26 14:32:57 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.28 config ured – resuming normal operations
[Wed Mar 26 14:34:04 2014] [error] [client 192.168.0.10] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function escapeSimple() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/modul es/endpointman/includes/rain.tpl.class.inc on line 0, referer: http://192.168.0. 3/admin/config.php?type=&display=extensions&extdisplay=301
[Wed Mar 26 14:41:37 2014] [error] [client 192.168.0.10] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function escapeSimple() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/modul es/endpointman/includes/rain.tpl.class.inc on line 0, referer: http://192.168.0. 3/admin/config.php?type=&display=extensions&extdisplay=301

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx_dbug <==
2014-Mar-26 17:00:02 /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/functions.inc/import_queue_data.php:0
[WARNING]: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_path is properly configured in your ini file!

2014-Mar-26 17:00:02 /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/functions.inc/import_queue_data.php:0

2014-Mar-26 17:00:02 /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/licensed.php:0
[WARNING]: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_path is properly configured in your ini file!

2014-Mar-26 17:00:02 /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/licensed.php:0

Thank you

Uninstall endpoint manager and reinstall it

did the uninstall and resinstall.
pulled the settings back from back up.

EPM web interface is still formatted badly.
This is just cosmetic.

It did not change where the extensions update is not working,… :frowning:

I will not be updating the formatting. Sorry. Plenty of people have praised it and I did not do it so it’s staying like it is.

Update Endpoint Manager to the newest version and it will be fixed.

tm1000, I know this is not supported. I was just asking if it was something that can be addressed. Thank you for the time you invested in EPM.

The main issue I have is in the extensions module where I can’t update extension settings.

Thanks

I just told you to update the module. I fixed the issue you have been having a while ago.

All the modules are at the latest.
Along with the Distro update to current.
It was working before I performed the last set of updates today:
UPDATE NOTICE: There are 16 modules available for online upgrades
cdr 2.11.0.6 (current: 2.11.0.5)
digiumaddoninstaller 2.11.0.4 (current: 2.11.0.3)
hotelwakeup 2.11.2 (current: 2.11.1)
core 2.11.0.19 (current: 2.11.0.17)
announcement 2.11.0.1 (current: 2.11.0.0)
languages 2.11.0.1 (current: 2.11.0.0)
timeconditions 2.11.0.4 (current: 2.11.0.2)
dahdiconfig 2.11.40 (current: 2.11.39)
callback 2.11.0.1 (current: 2.11.0.0)
framework 2.11.0.30 (current: 2.11.0.28)
queueprio 2.11.0.1 (current: 2.11.0.0)
digium_phones 2.11.0.10 (current: 2.11.0.9)
callrecording 2.11.0.5 (current: 2.11.0.4)
miscdests 2.11.0.1 (current: 2.11.0.0)
parking 2.11.0.14 (current: 2.11.0.13)
endpointman 2.11.5.2 (current: 2.11.5.1)

Sorry, I am running FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-8 and the OSS PBX End Point Manager is at version 2.11.5.3

Endpoint Manager is at 2.11.5.3 now has been since before my last post. You have module admin caching turned on (as do most people) so you wouldn’t see the update until you cleared that cache out.

I have applied that update as it was offered this morning… EPM still has the same cosmetic issue.
While this is irritating, it is not a game changer.
The extensions problem is however.
I am tempted to reload from the ISO and restore from backup configs and just not apply updates… as this is my test rig I can live with it, but I am not confident if I perform an update on a deployed unit and no one is able to update the extensions.
I am happy to screen share with you if you would like to see.

Can we please step away from " EPM still has the same cosmetic issue" you have said that about four times now and it’s just getting on my nerves. YES I KNOW that it is bothering you, but do you really need to say this over and over and over. You are beating a dead horse because you are upset and I already told you that it wouldn’t be fixed so please, for the both of us, stop bringing it up and let it die.

I’ve gone through and added extensions and removed extensions and yes there originally was a bug but I fixed it and I went back through and did these tests up down and sideways, I only see you complaining about it I do not see anyone else on the newest version saying there is an issue.

Furthermore do you think saying “I will just not update” really makes me want to fix this for you? Please think about what you are saying…

Per company policy I am not able to screen share. You can however open a ticket up at http://support.schmoozecom.com and tell the support techs that I said to assign to to me and you won’t have to pay anything, but per company policy I still will not be able to screen share. I will need ssh access and you can screen in there if you wish and watch what I am doing, but teamviewer/vnc and the like are not allowed.

In post #11 I understood that you are not going to work on this further and Thanked you for what you have done, I was shifting my focus over to a potential issue with the extensions.
Post #12 you mentioned about reloading the module where I assumed you wished to continue on EPM.
I only tried to offer information, I know it is cosmetic and not a priority, again, thank you for your time.

As for the Extensions, I don’t know what module that is, if there is a standalone module. I have not tried adding or removing, only changing the existing extension details.

Until I can understand what failed, be it my end or a problem in the update process, it might be better to remain at a working level before getting into a situation that I can’t get out of.
I understand no one else is reporting the same issues, This leads me to think that my configuration might have been unique.

I understand about company policy, screen share was just a suggestion if you were curious as to what I was seeing directly.
I don’t expect anything for free and you have paying clients.

I will reload from the ISO and update directly. it might have been a step that broke something.
I also have broken something that is preventing me from making calls when I enabled the GV_Motif module.
Again, thank you for your time and effort.

PB