Module update shows error on dashboard

hi guys

om on freepbx 13 and applied available module updates last night. after i found that it was showing an error on the dashboard. it showed that the system had issues executing module_admin listonline command. the full error is
no repos specified, using: [standard,commercial,extended] from last GUI settings

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Comments starting with ‘#’ are deprecated in Unknown on line 35 in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 613
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. parse_ini_string() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  4. FreePBX\GPG->checkSig() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:174
  5. FreePBX\GPG->verifyModule() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3266
  6. module_functions->updateSignature() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3172
  7. module_functions->getAllSignatures() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:571
  8. showList() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:862

i tried reinstalling framework module as suggested in other thread but that did not fix the issue. any help would be appreciated in getting this resolved. thanks

In one of the modules under /var/www/html/admin/modules you have a module.sig that has a line starting with a #. Since we haven’t signed modules like this in 4 years I assume you have something else going on on your system

1 Like

the system is operational and the actual error message in the dashboard is

Cronmanager encountered 1 Errors

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline > /dev/null 2>&1 (1)

all i did was update all the modules through module admin. is this a critical error and i should just roll back the updates ? this box was running fine until recent module updates. never had this error prior to that

Look for a # at the start of a line in any module.sig under the modules folder

1 Like

thanks tm1000 !!!

searched all module.sig files in /var/www/html/admin/modules for # in the beginning of every line

find -name “module.sig” | xargs grep -i ‘^#’
./directorypro/module.sig:# End
./ivrpro/module.sig:# End

edited the above files and added ; in front of it
and now the command /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline runs without errors

which should get rid of the dashboard error

THANK YOU AGAIN!

1 Like

Directory Pro has been deprecated for a long time which is why you ran into this issue.

2 Likes

got ya. i don’t uninstall any unused modules, just keep them disabled.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

For anyone with this issue, you can quickly identify the problem module by running:

fwconsole ma refreshsignatures

The command will stall once it gets to the problem module, which you can remove with:

fwconsole ma delete <modulename>

Rerun until it finishes cleanly.

1 Like