FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Module update shows error on dashboard

hi guys

om on freepbx 13 and applied available module updates last night. after i found that it was showing an error on the dashboard. it showed that the system had issues executing module_admin listonline command. the full error is
no repos specified, using: [standard,commercial,extended] from last GUI settings

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Comments starting with ‘#’ are deprecated in Unknown on line 35 in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 613
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. parse_ini_string() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  4. FreePBX\GPG->checkSig() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:174
  5. FreePBX\GPG->verifyModule() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3266
  6. module_functions->updateSignature() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3172
  7. module_functions->getAllSignatures() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:571
  8. showList() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:862

i tried reinstalling framework module as suggested in other thread but that did not fix the issue. any help would be appreciated in getting this resolved. thanks

(Andrew Nagy) #2

In one of the modules under /var/www/html/admin/modules you have a module.sig that has a line starting with a #. Since we haven’t signed modules like this in 4 years I assume you have something else going on on your system

the system is operational and the actual error message in the dashboard is

Cronmanager encountered 1 Errors

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline > /dev/null 2>&1 (1)

all i did was update all the modules through module admin. is this a critical error and i should just roll back the updates ? this box was running fine until recent module updates. never had this error prior to that

(Andrew Nagy) #4

Look for a # at the start of a line in any module.sig under the modules folder

thanks tm1000 !!!

searched all module.sig files in /var/www/html/admin/modules for # in the beginning of every line

find -name “module.sig” | xargs grep -i ‘^#’
./directorypro/module.sig:# End
./ivrpro/module.sig:# End

edited the above files and added ; in front of it
and now the command /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline runs without errors

which should get rid of the dashboard error

THANK YOU AGAIN!

(Lorne Gaetz) #6

Directory Pro has been deprecated for a long time which is why you ran into this issue.

got ya. i don’t uninstall any unused modules, just keep them disabled.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

(Lorne Gaetz) #9

For anyone with this issue, you can quickly identify the problem module by running:

fwconsole ma refreshsignatures

The command will stall once it gets to the problem module, which you can remove with:

fwconsole ma delete <modulename>

Rerun until it finishes cleanly.