Module Admin crashes in some cases

I am not very familiar how FreePBX update checks work but it seems that yum output with a list of RPM packages to be updated is redirected to 2 files in /dev/shm/yumwrapper/. When somebody updates these RPMs (and they include asterisk RPMs) with yum update and then starts asterisk-version-switch before next scheduled check and selects a different asterisk version than currently installed, asterisk RPMs listed in /dev/shm/yumwrapper/ are removed from the system. This causes Module Admin to crash with:

Exception RPM command errored, Delete /dev/shm/yumwrapper/* and try again. Exit code 16 - see FreePBX log for more info.

I have some questions:

1. Why does Module Admin check if RPMs pending update exist? Module Admin is for updating FreePBX modules only and it has nothing to do with RPMs!
  2. If this check is absolutely needed, why Module Admin crashes (throws an exception) instead of just generating these files with yum or deleting these files itself?
  3. Why FreePBX support doesn’t want to fix this? I created a bug report https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-22148 but it was soon closed as “Not an issue”!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.