Mixed 11 and 10-digit dialing within same area code

Hi everyone,

I live in an area where there is a mix of 11 and 10-digit dialing within the same area code.

For example, when someone calls me, their CID information is presented on all my phones as 555NNNNNNN.

If I want to call them back just by hitting “redial” on the phone, the 555NNNNNNN number is sent to asterisk/freepbx as expected.

The problem is that in some cases, I need to add a 1 to the number (prefix) and in other cases, the 10-digit CID number is sufficient. I have no way of knowing which will be required.

The problem is that if I dont add the 1 when it’s needed, the call fails with “your call cannot be completed as dialed” – but if I add the 1 and it’s not needed, i get the message “you do not need to dial a 1 with this number”

Keep in mind, these are all within the same area code – ie 1-555 vs just 555.

How do I write a trunk or route rule to handle this inconsistency?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to you all in advance,
-Michael

There is no ubiquitous solution here, you will have to get a copy of your local white pages and hand enter the office codes that needs 1 or or not, choose the smaller list and default to the more encompassing match when there is no match.

(or use sip outbound routes, they almost certainly won’t be so picky)

I think you can do like 1000 queries for free of the LERG without a subscription.

That way you can see the rate center. Ignore the service wire center homings, that has nothing to do with what you are trying to accomplish.

The goal of LCR is to get the call to the FAC (trunk in your case) that has the least cost to the destination.