Mitel M-5330e - Endpoint Manager

Recently had to get a Mitel M-5330e working with the Commercial Endpoint Manager. The M-5330 is listed but not the M-5330e, which is identical but supports gigabit Ethernet. Annoyingly, the Mitel file format includes the model number on the first line and the phone rejects the file if it does not have the e in it. So I had to find a way to add the M-5330e.

Here’s what I did:

1. Use MySQL Workbench to connect to the MySQL instance on FreePBX using the root credentials

2. Open endpoint_models and sent the following command:
    INSERT INTO asterisk.endpoint_models
    (brand,type,model,accounts,prgkey,softkeys,topsoftkey,extrakey,linekeys,horsoftkeys,speeddial,global,firmware,exp)
    VALUES
    (‘mitel’, ‘phone’, ‘M-5330e’, NULL, NULL, ‘24’, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, ‘’, ‘0’);

3. Open endpoint_basefiles and use the following command:
    UPDATE asterisk.endpoint_basefiles set model = concat(model, ‘, M-5330e’) WHERE brand=“mitel” and model LIKE ‘%M-5330%’;

And now the 5330e will appear as an option along side the 5330.

The Mitel phones seem a bit awkward in terms of getting them to call the TFTP server in the first place, thus far we’ve only been able to get it to work by manually setting the TFTP server in the phone interface.

Just thought it might be useful information to share.

Perhaps you can submit a Feature Request? Normally, Mitel would communicate this to Sangoma, but they’re probably busy.

These phones are a quite old so I don’t think it was ever going to be added.

In our case, the customer has opted to replace the handsets anyway.

I just thought it was useful information for anyone else banging their heads repeatedly on these handsets!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.