First some basics:
- I am recovering a VM host server (ESXi 5.5) that would not start after IRMA
- The server, and guest VM’s, was working before IRMA and was not damaged
- The issue is due to a failed motherboard
- I have backups that i recovered to a new VM Host
I want to recover the the VM since this instance has several IVR’s, IAX2 and Extns etc.
But of course the FreePBX guest vm would not start and I couldn’t wait so I:
- setup a new instance of FreePBX
- did HW reset to migrate modules to new install, and that worked well
- setup the basic extns and features to get by
- this temporary deployment now has my old deployment ID from the failed VM
I have just been able to recover the VM and it started normally, and I activated a new deployment for this server (I did the HW reset earlier to move to my temp solution) and now has new deployment ID and I purchased new modules.
When I try to map extensions in EPM, they do not show in the mapping list (EPM->Extension Mapping->Add Extension). Since I migrated the deployment to the temp install, I decided to purchase new modules, as several had expired on the old deployment. My thoughts are that since I had PURCHASED EPM on the old deployment and didn’t for the recovered VM (only using Sangoma phones) that EPM may be corrupted or “confused”.
Is there something I can do to “refresh” EPM? (i.e. r&r the EPM module?)
Recreated multiple extensions and they do not show up in EPM.
Thanks in advance for your help!